We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Cottage

Illinois
Level Contributor
312 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Swiss Cottage

Hello,

Does anyone know anything about Swiss Cottage at Camp's Bay?

We're thinking about staying there.

Many, many thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Camp's Bay Beach
Camp's Bay Beach
2,379 Reviews
Camps Bay, South Africa
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
227 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss Cottage

Checked out their website because I do not personally know the place. A much better choice than the earlier one in Green Point. It gives you access to the Kloof Nek Road and also the Main Road -you are in walking distance to the hub of sophisticated Camps Bay day and nite activity - they seem to have very good visitor reviews - but be warned it will be really humming when you are there!

I'd say, if this appeals to you, go for it and you'll have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Illinois
Level Contributor
312 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss Cottage

Hirene,

Thank you for replying!!! I forgot to put in the description that it does not have air conditioning, only fans. I know you can't predict the weather, but as a general rule for that time of the year, will we be miserably hot??

Many, many thanks!!!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swiss Cottage

Hi Purrcy,

Cape Town nights are generally very mild, even in summer. You will rarely need anything more than a fan when you are here.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Illinois
Level Contributor
312 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swiss Cottage

Garth,

Thanks for the input!! That is GREAT news because I got a real deal on the accommodation considering the location!

I'm sure we're going to love it.

Clarens, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swiss Cottage

Hello Purrcy

I don't know when you planned to stay at Swiss Cottage and this might be too late. I've stayed there twice; each time very satisfied. However - if there are just the two of you it could be an issue if the other bedroom is taken by someone you don't know. It's really a 2 bedroomed apartment (with wonderful views) but the owner has put an outside entrance in for one of the bedrooms to allow her to rent it out to someone else if both rooms aren't taken. It means that you have a neighbour's noise right through the door that wasn't designed as a wall. We hired it with friends and it was really great - very well appointed with the owner very helpful in terms of restaurant / transport info.

Hope it works / worked out for you!

UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swiss Cottage

I stayed there in November last year and loved it, accomodation was lovely and Camps bay was awesome xx

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Maaseik
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Swiss Cottage

Hi I read you have stayed at swiss cottage. I am interested in how you liked it over there. Was there any parking. Noise. Is it fenced off as we have a 2 year old boy. Is there a garden to run round in. Which appartment do you suggest?

many thanks,

8. Re: Swiss Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 12:03
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay