We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diamond house Camps bay??

cork
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Diamond house Camps bay??

Hi everyone!

We just booked a 3 night stay here for August and wondering if any of you know of it?

Thanks!

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diamond house Camps bay??

Hi, Melanie & I stayed there a couple of years ago. Great location but that was all. The locally employed staff were lazy to the point of insolence. It was definitely not worth the money.

Camps Bay is a great location, we have visited many times. Try Entabeni guest house, it is just down the road, better location with really friendly owners who provide a breakfast that will set you up for the rest of the day. The rooms are very comfortable & clean, our favourite is the English room. There is a well stocked honour bar for a relaxing drink at the end of the day while you enjoy the glorious sunset over Camps Bay.

Peter & Margie are the owners, they will really look after you.

Nick & Melanie Jones

Fordingbridge

UK

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
johannesburg
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Diamond house Camps bay??

hi I agree with Nick and Melonie. Do try the one down the road.Staff there are super.Ann

Paris, France
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diamond house Camps bay??

Would agree with the above the only place ever in SA where we booked in and out of on the same day - our reservation for a particular room with a balcony (reserved 6 months in advance) had not been honoured and the alternative room given was a bit run down and not well kept - the owner however was very helpful (admitting their error) and found us somewhere else to stay which was perfect.Have a look at the website for Fiskaal Road Guesthouse where we have stayed many times and can highly recommend.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Diamond house Camps bay??

Peter i know...he's a very warm and friendly person. I've never stayed there although i have had dealings with him. The guests i have collected from there have always had great things to say.

Enjoy the stay.....

5. Re: Diamond house Camps bay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 12:49
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay