We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun loungers

london
Level Contributor
167 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sun loungers

Spending 5 days in Camps Bay and planning one day relaxing on the beach. Are there sun loungers for hire? If so how much? Do we need to arrive at the crack of dawn to hire one?

Thanks Cathy

5 replies to this topic
Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
838 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun loungers

We were there in January last year...can't remember the $$$ but it was reasonable...they had umbrellas as well....there seemed to be lots of empty chairs to rent...enjoy

london
Level Contributor
167 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun loungers

Thanks. 👍👍

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun loungers

Plenty of sun beds at Camps Bay. They were 50 rands each last year but try not to pay full price, ask for a discount.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun loungers

Camps bay is one of the few beaches that hire out sun beds/umbrellas, it is just not a South African thing. hoever, in the last few visits I have noticed a stack of sun beds on Hout Bay beach but never actually in use during the whole week I was there in a November. I have heard that one of the Clifton beaches have sun beds but it is a long climb down stairs with 4 children. This year someone mentioned sun beds at Llandudno Beach, a truly beautiful beach between Camps Bay and Hout Bay..

I don't remember the cost at Camps Bay but rest assured that it will be a fraction of the cost of a Meditteranean beach resort

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun loungers

Clifton beach number 4 do have sun beds, this is a gorgeous beach.

Reply to: Sun loungers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay