We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Itinerary Help

We arrive in Camp's Bay from Kruger the evening of Feb. 14 and leave for home at 12:30 a.m. on Feb. 20. I've set a full day wine tour on Feb. 17 and need help with the logistics of sightseeing around the peninsula and in Capetown for the remaining four days. In the city, we'd like to hike Table Mountain, hike Lions head, see signal hill, see the waterfront and do a sunset cruise, walk to the Kirstenbosch gardens, and see Bo Kaap (missing anything else?). Outside the city, we'd like to see Boulders Beach, do Chapman's peak drive, Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point, Hout Bay, hit the Cape Point winery market, try a winery in Constantia and see some of the other towns/beaches/sights/hikes & walks in the area (ideas on which to see for sure our welcome... my boyfriend loves fish/fishing so maybe a fishing town?) Logistically, what is good way to group some of these activities by day? I know its a good idea to leave flexibility for weather, etc., but I'd like to get a better understanding of what is near each other and how long certain activities take. I think in general we'll start our day around 9 or 10 and aim to be back in Camp's Bay (where we are staying) for dinner. We'll have a car. Also, looking to build in some physical activity where we can. Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Carrollton, Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary Help

You can do Kirstenbosch Gardens, Table Mountain/Lion's Head, Constantia and Bo-Kaap by using MyCiti Bus easily and inexpensively. I think that Table Mountain/Lion's Head almost deserves a full day by itself but could pair it with Bo-Kaap. I wouldn't do Bo-Kaap at night though. You could easily knock out Kirstenbosch and Constantia wineland (purple bus route I believe) in one day as they are close to each other.

We used BazBus to get to Boulder's Beach, Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point, and Hout Bay....then back to Capetown in one day.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary Help

Thanks. To clarify, we'll have a rental car so we were planning on driving to avoid waiting for buses, etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
1 review
3. Re: Itinerary Help

"Boulders Beach, do Chapman's peak drive, Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point, Hout Bay, hit the Cape Point winery market, try a winery in Constantia and see some of the other towns/beaches/sights/hikes & walks in the area"

Can all be done in a day trip to cape peninsular, although you may not manage to squeeze in the winery too. Although what you could do is at the end of the trip take chapman's peak (especially good just before sunset so you can stop in one of the pullovers and watch sunset) and then loop back round into constantia and have an awesome meal at somewhere like La Colombe, buitenverwachting etc etc. Make sure you book in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Itinerary Help

Thanks!

Level Contributor
43 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Itinerary Help

Your Trip sounds good and seems like you are packing a lot in short time. Hope this helps. Btw I live In Joliet Illinois. I lived in Cape Town for 4 years working there. Not much in Constantia to do other than its a nice community. Lions head is great climb with spectacular views of both Cape Town and Camps Bay. The climb up table mountain the Platteklip trail is the most popular and safest. Other trails a lot of people get hurt. The V&A water front has lots of shops and restaurants. Best pub to go to at the V&A is Mitchell's. Try and go to Stellenbosch for wine tasting. If you want to see a spectacular view of table mountain take a drive to Big Bay. 30 min from Cape Town. Highly recommend Garmin GPS to get around. They do drive on opposite side of road so pay attention. I'll look for any replies to this if you need places to dine, or do a quick day trip.

Reply to: Itinerary Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay