We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentine's Day Dinner

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Valentine's Day Dinner

Our first day in Cape Town is on Valentine's Day. We land at the airport at 4 and are staying in Camp's Bay. Any dinner romantic dinner recommendations? A good view and seafood would be great.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Camp's Bay Beach
Camp's Bay Beach
2,384 Reviews
Camps Bay, South Africa
UK
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentine's Day Dinner

For both the view and seafood it would probably be Blues which is right opposite the beach, but I think Codfather would have the better food although it is slightly back from the beach.

http://www.codfather.co.za/about-us/

http://www.blues.co.za/

You might need to check with them about making reservations for Valentines. There are various bars along the beach road that would be good for a drink before dinner too.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
6,268 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentine's Day Dinner

Book well ahead of time :-)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentine's Day Dinner

Thanks! Codfather looks amazing! I've emailed them and made a reservation at Blues just in case. Would Codfather require a reservation in advance on a regular night if we decided to go another day on our trip (not Valentine's Day)?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentine's Day Dinner

My thoughts too. The last thing we want after a day of travel is to not be able to find somewhere to eat since its Valentine's Day! Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentine's Day Dinner

Cape Town in February is certainly not as mad as December/January but you might still need reservations at busy times for popular restaurants. I think tables for two should be easy to come by at short notice.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentine's Day Dinner

But not on Valentine's Day ...

UK
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentine's Day Dinner

>> But not on Valentine's Day ...

Indeed, I was responding to the follow-up question in post #3.

8. Re: Valentine's Day Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2018, 02:48
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay