We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation nelspruit

VICTORIA
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation nelspruit

My husband and I are planning a two month vacation in South Africa. We are flying into Johannesburg but are trying to get a connecting flight right away to Nelspruit and stay there for a few days before heading into Kruger. Does anyone know of a good place to stay in Nelspruit, preferably self catering.

Thanks for your help

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation nelspruit

Hi,

I have personally stayed at Loeries Call Guest House and can recommend it; it does not have self-catering facilities but the breakfasts are delicious and ample and the hosts will arrange meals for delivery. There are refrigerators/minibars in the rooms. Ask for a room with view.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation nelspruit

Hi,

La Roca Guest House and Old Joe's Kaia in Nelspruit get excellent reviews on TA and are less expensive than Loeries Call.

VICTORIA
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation nelspruit

Thanks for the information. I will look into this guest house.

VICTORIA
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation nelspruit

Thanks for your advice. I will check them both out

Erie

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation nelspruit

Is there a specific reason that you decided to stay in Nelspruit?

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

VICTORIA
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation nelspruit

We are planning to head from there into Kruger. We also need a place big enough and close enough to Johannesburg to rent a car from.

Erie

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation nelspruit

flying into MQP gives you all offices of the renowned car rentals at arrival inside the airport terminal. So you dont have to go into Nelspruit. The distance to JHB is not really an issue either.

I was just asking because I believe there are nicer areas to stay for a few days, even closer to KNP, than Nelspruit. The Panorama Tour, Blyde River canyon is much more convenient from places like Hazyview, Graskop, Sabie, than Nelspruit and not to be missed.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accomodation nelspruit

and as much as I like Old Joe's Kaia (a really lovely place), I believe it is to far out of Nelspruit and would be the ideal place to overnight when driving from JHB to Nelspruit and KNP.

It is on your way back to JHB.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Balule Nature...
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accomodation nelspruit

Just a couple of km's. north of Nelspruit you find the Bundu Safari Lodge, which is not expensive and has a variety of choice.

If you need to spent time in Nelspruit, I can reccommend the Ilanga mall and the River side mall, where you can do some shopping, check out the bookstore (in River side mall there's an Exclusive books) and watch a movie in the cinema, if you want.

Then there is the Botanical Garden, a Crocodile farm and you can also do a daytrip in the Kruger park.

Enjoy your stay.

Kind regards from sunny Balule, heading up for 36 today.

Corné van Dongen.

-Owner/manager Amukela Game Lodge-

Hoedspruit - Balule Nature Reserve.

VICTORIA
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accomodation nelspruit

Thanks for your help. I will check out the lodge. Also thanks for the tips on where to go in Nelspruit

Erie