We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best and safest drive route from Glendale,Az to Lake Havasu

New City,New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Best and safest drive route from Glendale,Az to Lake Havasu

We are visiting in Phoenix area and will be in roue to Las Vegas. Lake Havasu sounded like a nice place to stop. I need the best and safest way to get there. Also hoe to get to Laughlin without getting lost.

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best and safest drive route from Glendale,Az to Lake Havasu

Hi

Welcome to the forum, here's my threepenneth.

Leave Glendale on US60 and head for the 'dude' town of Wickenburg. Maybe check out the Desert Caballeros Western Museum (www.westernmuseum.com) and if you fancy something to eat try the Horse Shoe Cafe for the ultimate Southwestern diner experience. Continue on US60 to Hope then take AZ72 and AZ95, alongside the Colorado River, to Lake Havasu City (www.visitlakehavasu.com).

Here's how to get to Laughlin, with an interesting diversion. Head north from Lake Havasu City on AZ95 to I-40 and head west. At exit 1 take CoRd10 (Historic Route 66) to the old mining town of Oatman (www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/oatman.html). Backtrack slightly from Oatman then take CoRd153 to AZ95 and head north through Bullhead City, cross the Colorado at the Davis Dam and you really can't miss Laughlin (www.visitlaughlin.com) on the Nevada bank, not the prettiest of sights.

Hope this helps.

Tony

New City,New York
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best and safest drive route from Glendale,Az to Lake Havasu

Hi

Tony thankyou for the time sand info. Will put it to good use.

Mark

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best and safest drive route from Glendale,Az to Lake Havasu

I think it will be nice idea to take I-10 West and then 95 to Lake Havasu.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best and safest drive route from Glendale,Az to Lake Havasu

I like fatbald's route - although another option would be to take the I-10 west to Quartzite, which is a quirky little town - and get on the 95 north from there. The 95 along the Colorado is a very nice drive! Enjoy!

5. Re: Best and safest drive route from Glendale,Az to Lake Havasu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 14:50
Get answers to your questions about Lake Havasu City
Recent Conversations