We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfers need advice

Vancouver
Level Contributor
369 posts
179 reviews
Golfers need advice

My wife and I are looking for an alternative to Palm Springs for two weeks of golfing in March and the Lake Havasu area looks like a possibility. We need advice: hotel or rental condo, weather, golf choices and prices, restaurants for dinner, which weeks are best.

Thanks in advance.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Golfers need advice

Hi PG76 , just wondering how your golf search is going.

We are planning a weekend at Emerald Canyon Golf Course in Parker in April. Have you had any success with rooms...reviews for rooms in Parker dont look too good.

AZTIM

Vancouver
Level Contributor
369 posts
179 reviews
2. Re: Golfers need advice

No replies at all, except yours. Emerald Canyon looks okay but you're right, hotel choices are, shall we say, limited.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,608 posts
249 reviews
3. Re: Golfers need advice

Haven't played at Havasu, mostly because there is no way it can compare or compete with Palm Springs. You will save money, but you'll see a huge difference in quality and options. PHX and Scottsdale would provide a good and comparable trade off to Palm Springs.

I have played Emerald Canyon and stayed in Parker.. It still can't compare but it's a fun little track for a weekend away. I can't imagine being there for 2 weeks though.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,723 posts
455 reviews
4. Re: Golfers need advice

I reckon I missed the OP. I have not played in the areas you originally asked about, but my group of hackers does travel to Phoenix every March for a week of golf. Tons of very nice courses and many and very reasonalble priced and are on great shape. If you are interested in Phoenix golf, I can provide some details on our trips.

Lake Havasu City
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Golfers need advice

There are excellent golf courses in Lake Havasu City & surrounding areas.

I have been going to Havasu for 30 years and have never been disappointed. Three hotels are currently arranging golf packages. Check these sites: www.havasusands.com (downtown) and www.fairwayinnlakehavasu.com (on Refuge golf course)....good luck!

6. Re: Golfers need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Lake Havasu City
Recent Conversations