We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

Centurion, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
126 posts
262 reviews
Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

We are having a family get-together at Letaba from 9 to 14 July and my partner is going with me. However, he is a soccer fanatic and not very happy at missing the last games of the World Cup, all but the final. According to the website there is a TV lounge, but lower down it states that TV is only available in the bungalows. It also says limited DSTV channels. Does anyone have more information or recent experience?

7 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,620 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

The bungalow I stayed in didn’t have tv. Only a few of the accommodations do - generally just the guest houses. Unless you’re in Fish Eagle, I’m not sure you’ll have access to a tv. As to specific channels, I have no idea. I didn’t notice one in the restaurant.

In national parks in the US, we have always been able to find tv for sporting events at the staff accommodations. It’s frowned upon but possible.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

I cant remember Letaba, but the Satara restaurant has multiple TVs. I remember that during last world cup I was in Kruger and saw games sitting at Lower Sabie mugg and bean.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
3. Re: Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

There is an area, between the pool and the shop. Calling it a lounge is stretching it. Large room with small TV and uncomfortable plastic chairs is a better description

I watched rugby world cup matches there many years ago. Presume nothing has changed.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 14:47
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

Sorry to be brief as away but yes...Next to shop, left side, as above

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
1 review
5. Re: Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

Not sure what signal is like in Letaba, but could always stream it through you mobile and cast onto a larger screen?

queensland
Level Contributor
284 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

Oh fantastic Rob!! We are staying at Satara next week and my son and I were resigned to missing Australia play Peru - will have to make sure we get in lots of driving before 4pm that day.

Centurion, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
126 posts
262 reviews
7. Re: Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup

Thank you all. It seems that by hook or by crook he will be able to watch his matches.

Reply to: Television in Letaba rest camp for World Cup
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kruger National Park