We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

I am flying From Mumbai to Johannesburg via Nairobi on Kenya Airways. The transit time at Nairobi is only 55 mins for both onward and return flights. I am worried now if Kenya Airways will transfer my luggage on time at Nairobi and it will actually arrive with my plane to JNB. Can someone advise? Also, is there a way to check before I borad the NB-JNB flight.

Maseru, Lesotho
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

I think that your luggage should probably make it, and even if it doesn't, then the airline has to send it to wherever you are. My luggage was left in Frankfurt on a Lufthansa flight to Johannesburg and SAA had to put it on a flight to Maseru, where I was. It doesn't matter which airline it is, Kenyan will pay for it if it doesn't make it on time.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,491 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

Kenya Airways is ranked among the two or three airlines in Africa. You have nothing to worry about, in my opinion.

Edited: 01 May 2015, 19:20
Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
3. Re: Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

Whatever airline travel, I always make sure I have a t-shirt and underwear in my hand luggage in case my luggage going astray.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
156 reviews
4. Re: Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

Kenya Airways gets 2 stars for transfers and 3 for baggage on Skytrax. Lamlee gives good advice.

Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

Thank you everyone. Much appreciated

Hartford...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

how did your trip go? Also did you have to get vaccinated for Yellow fever ? Do you need a separate transit visa for kenya in order to go to south africa?

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,567 posts
181 reviews
7. Re: Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

No you do not need a transit visa.

Baggage transfer is ok, as long as your flying international.

I rather like Kenya Airways personally.

Rick

8. Re: Transit efficiency of Kenya Airways at Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2016, 10:46