We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
104 posts
20 reviews
Where to stay

We'll be arriving into Johannesburg from George at 12pm. We have a three night safari booked at Madikwe the following day. I'm looking for suggestions of where to stay/what to do between the day we arrive in Johannesburg and when we check-in to our game lodge (we'll be entering the reserve through the east gate). We'll have my son who will have just turned three and will be traveling to Madikwe with a rental car. Thanks :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay

Maybe consider staying in Pretoria. It will cut down your drive time to Madikwe the next day and is about an hour from the airport.

Maseru, Lesotho
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay

There is a very family-friendly guest house in Sandton that is close to everything. It is called Sunrock Guest House.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay

Sunrock is nowhere near Sandton; it's near the airport, in Kempton Park. A couple of posters have mentioned it very favourably recently, so it may well be an option. The area is short on activities though - suburban-industrial.

Edited: 01 May 2015, 21:17
Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
104 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay

Thanks for the suggestions :) We decided to be totally touristy and stay in Lesedi Cultural Village for that night! Thought it would be interesting and my son would love to see the dancing and all the different crafts etc.

We still haven't booked our night for before our flight so I might look into the options above for then.

5. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2016, 09:45