We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gautrain Stations left luggage

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
376 reviews
Save Topic
Gautrain Stations left luggage

Can anyone tell me whether there are left luggage facilities (for a medium sized suitcase) at Gautrain stations - in particular Park, Sandton or Marlboro? The Gautrain website doesn't seem to have this info.

Thanks

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gautrain Stations left luggage

I've never seen such a facility at any of the stations. I think only the airport has such a facility.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gautrain Stations left luggage

Thanks for that, SepSep. As a follow up question, will I be able to get a taxi easily at Marlboro or Rhodesfield station? This is my first trip to South Africa.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gautrain Stations left luggage

Marlboro and Rhodesfield stations are more commuter stations. I haven't seen outside the Rhodesfield station, but I know Marlboro doesn't have any taxis waiting. Waiting taxis are outside Sandton and Rosebank stations.

Where are you going to from Gautrain?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gautrain Stations left luggage

SepSep,

It's a bit complicated but here goes: I'll arrive next to Park Station at 9 am on an overnight bus for my last day in South Africa (a Saturday). Because I'm flying out fairly early the next morning, I'm booked in at a hotel in Kempton Park, not far from the Rhodesfield Station. I want to have a look at Pretoria but I'll have my luggage (a suitcase or large backpack) with me. As you say there are no left luggage facilities, I now think I'll have to drop off my luggage at the hotel before going to Pretoria.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gautrain Stations left luggage

You cant leave your luggage anywhere.You would have to drop it of at the hotel

6. Re: Gautrain Stations left luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 09:46