We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden route from Kruger park to Cape Town

Ashland, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Garden route from Kruger park to Cape Town

I am first time solo traveller to South Africa and curious to know if two days enough to see Kruger Safari national park? Via bus or Train? I don't prefer flights.

also I heard about garden route from Kruger to Cape town? How long it is? is it possible to go by driving so I can stop any where I want to look at the sights like whale watching on the way..... Does bus makes stoppages? how safe is it to go along on bus or night time in buses?

Thanks in advance!

~L

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,587 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden route from Kruger park to Cape Town

http://wikitravel.org/en/Garden_Route

Garden route is no where near Kruger. It is possible to drive Kruger to CT if you prepared to cover approx 1,900 kms. 2 nights in Kruger is not very long , if you can allow more time all the better,perhaps 2 different camps. Perhaps do some research first to give you a proper picture of the geography of the areas you mention.Can't assist with train / bus info ,someone may be able to.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden route from Kruger park to Cape Town

The garden route is ideal to drive, and that’s exactly what thousand do every year. If you are there at the right time of year you can stop and stay in towns where you can actually view whales right from your lodge.

From there you really need to fly up to Kruger, too far to drive unless you have a lot of time, which it sounds like you do not. Like Stargaize has said you need to look at some maps and do some googling to get an idea of the size of the country. As for Kruger well two days is not really long enough IMHO.

3. Re: Garden route from Kruger park to Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 09:49