We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Ghalib

Egham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Port Ghalib

Can anyone recommend a real estate agent in Port Ghalib. Looking to purchase an apartment and was wondering if anyone had any personal recommendations. Many thanks

5 replies to this topic
Port Ghalib, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam, Port Ghalib, Safaga, Hurghada
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Ghalib

Hello. My advice if you want to purchase property in Port Ghalib then is to come and visit the place without asking for an estate agent on a forum.

There are absolutely loads of agents and developments and cash is king at the minute over here.

You really do not want to go with the first 1 someone nominates. It is also a very very complicated in depth process and you need the patience of a saint.

The resort itself is a wash with apartments for sale and obviously the further you go out from Port Ghalib the cheaper it gets.

There is a development a little south of Marsa Alam currently where a 3 bedroom apartment is priced around £41K. A simple studio flat around £10K

You really do need to visit or look on Google and do some browsing

There are quite a few agents in Port Ghalib of all nationalities.

The key also is to find a very trustworthy Egyptian solicitor that also understands laws on owning property by a foreigner.

Port Ghalib is extremely expensive to live in and you most definately get more for your money literally a few miles out of the resort itself.

Egham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Ghalib

Thank you for the response. I will be working outside Marsa Alam, between P Ghalib and Marsa Alam city. Your suggestions are very helpful and was just trying to glean some information or suggestions. The apartments just outside sound ideal so will do some research before I arrive - thank you again

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Ghalib

Jared, I found your post quite interesting. Wife has suggested several times of that retirement in Egypt might be an option. She is a sucker for a beach.

I imagine it is an incredibly complex process. I will have to spend some time playing with Google.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Ghalib

Try asking expats via Luxor4u Forums.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Ghalib

Abdelhamid is a real estate agent in port ghalib