We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marsa Alam Airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Marsa Alam Airport

Could anyone tell me what facilities are available in departures please? Would just want to grab something to eat before the flight home. I did try to google it but the airport doesn't seem to have a website. Is the airport very overpriced?

Thanks in advance

22 replies to this topic
Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
11. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

corrupt robbing staff!!! took gels, sprays, lipsticks, mascaras...

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
12. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

Yes we get the point on every post. Next time pack them in your luggage. Can't take them then can they.

Edited: 19 April 2018, 03:58
10 posts
13. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen.

After Greetings From Marsa Alam Airport

First, I would like to express my gratitude to receive your feedback which allows us to follow up comments and take proper actions to ensure that Marsa Alam Airport clients’ maintain best service to reach our main target which is Passengers’ satisfaction.

I believe you deserve an explanation for the confusion that took place with you at Marsa Alam Airport on one of UK round trip flight.

Actually the airport authority provides the international arrival lounge with one of the Egyptian national bank kiosk with declared official rate for Visa in several currencies (25$ - 22 € - 19£ ) and currencies exchange rate.

Regarding what did you complain “Queuing at the bank, to be pulled out of line and demanded to pay 25 £”

Let me affirm you those who did that were the tourism agencies operator who already have their own passenger name list which checked by airport authority to allow them to be existed at international arrival lounge to serve their customers, so if you have a complaint or not satisfied with level of service or tourism agency Visa rate which you already bought your trip package from them, you can contact them directly to clarify your negative feedback about their service.

Regarding the airport security procedures, let me clarify you that all extra-large security meal we are implementing at our airport precisely on UK flights is recommended and requested from UK –DFT as below:

First Security Checkpoint includes 4 inspections which are implementing by airport police staff

(X- Ray scan check – body check - handbag random check – explosive trace random check).

Second Security Checkpoint includes 4 inspections which are implementing by airport police staff

(X- Ray scan check – body check - handbag random check – explosive trace random check).

Third Security Checkpoint includes 3 inspections which are implementing by airline security staff and airport police staff (explosive trace random check – body check - handbag random check).

And regarding restricted hand luggage liquids on UK flights, kindly find hereunder the latest official rules from the UK Government on airline cabin baggage, the following liquids are restricted:

 All drinks: including water.

 Liquid or semi-liquid foods: including soup, jam, honey and syrups.

 Cosmetics and toiletries: including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lip gloss.

 Sprays: including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants.

 Pastes: including toothpaste.

 Gels: including hair and shower gel.

 Contact lens solution: including other solutions and items of similar consistency.

So that, you have to follow the below rules on travelling with restricted liquids:

 You must take no more than 100ml of any of these liquids on a flight.

 Liquids must be placed into individual 100ml containers - larger containers, even if only partly full, are not usually accepted at security.

 All 100ml containers must fit into a clear, plastic bag no bigger than 20cm x 20cm.

 1 bag per passenger.

 The bag has to be able to close and be sealed - overstuffed plastic bags will not be accepted.

 The maximum amount of liquid in total that you can carry onto a flight is 1 liter.

 Bags must be shown at airport security.

You should be sure that we are following the standard guidelines and UK – DFT recommendations on their flights as requested.

Eventually, being a valued passenger to the airport, we do confirm that all our staff is committed to bring you an excellent and safe travel experience. We look forward to a continued relationship and hope to see you again at Marsa Alam airport.

If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at:

E-mail: customerservice.manager@marsa-alam-airport.com

Best Regards,

Abd Elrahman Elnebery

Operating & Customer Satisfaction Manager

Marsa Alam International Airport

Fax: (+2) 065/3700002

Phone: (+2) 065/3700020-29

Mobile: (+2) 01003888950

E-mail: A.mohamed@marsa-alam-airport.com

Web Site: www.marsa-alam-airport.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,543 posts
75 reviews
14. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

As said in previous posts 💤💤💤

1. The manager at Marsa is doing a good job replying to posts

2. If you're worried about airport food prices? Simply apply a "bit of common" and take your own?

I always do and I'm not a rocket scientist.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
15. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a cash point at Marsa Alam Airport Arrivals?

Thanks

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
16. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

Good evening, can you please tell me if there is a cash machine in the Arrivals area?

Many thanks

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
17. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

Yes there is a cash machine at the airport.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
18. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

Thanks 👍

Belfast, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
19. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

After spending two weeks in Egypt eating all the salads, fresh fruit and all drinks taken with ice we had the miss fortune of purchasing a burger from WEGI (upstairs pizza and burger bar in Marsa alam airport ) on the 2nd October 2018

After taking one bite from a beef burger it was taken back to the service desk and the staff were advised that something was "BAD NOT GOOD" WITH THE BURGER, it was black and the texture could only be described as rubber like, half of the one bite I took of the burger was (pardon the expression, spit back onto the plate) we boarded our flight and within 30 minutes of this I began to feel nauseated, I asked the air stewardess for some anti sickness tablets, but unfortunately even though taking one of these, the vomiting started, this with constant retching lasted for the full flight duration and on arrival in Birmingham I had to be taken to the first aid room where I was able to lie down waiting for another internal UK transfer, I would STRONGLY ADVISE DO NOT EAT ANYTHING SUPPLIED BY WEGI, do so at your own risk, a full 24 hours after our trip, I still feel nauseated, washed out with no energy and am visiting the loo every 30 minutes. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!

Belfast, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
20. Re: Marsa Alam Airport

Having spent two weeks in Egypt, eating all the salads, fresh fruit, and consuming all drinks with ice we had no tummy upsets until we had the misfortune in purchasing a burger from Wegi (the upstairs pizza and burger bar in marsa alam airport. After taking one bite from the burger it was (pardon the expression) spit back onto the plate (2nd October 2018) staff were informed that something wasn't right with the burger ti was black and a solid rubber like in texture. we boarded our flight and I had to ask the air stewardess for an anti-sickness tablet, unfortunately this did not work and I spent the whole flight vomiting and retching into the aircraft sick bag. On arrival at Birmingham I had to be taken to the medical room where I continued to retch for a number of hours. I would strongly recommend that you do not purchase any foods supplied by WEGI, were back in the Uk now over 24 Hours, I still am nauseated, washed out, have no energy and am still visiting the loo every 30 minutes.

you have been warned !!!!!!!

Reply to: Marsa Alam Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam
Recent Conversations