We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

We are at the Coraya 30/08/17, and have just been informed by Thomson that there are building works going on next to the Coraya, with the obvious noise this causes.

Has anybody in recent attendance had problems with this ?

20 replies to this topic
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
114 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

Thanks for posting, everyone - we're staying there from 27 Sept for a week (our 7th time !) and have received the email from Thomson. We were wondering how bad it was with the building work and the comments are very helpful.

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

For info they are also building around the back of the Jaz Dar El Madina and in front of it. It wasn't too obtrusive when we were there at the weekend apart from the odd thump!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

Hi any update on this?

We are at Lamaya in October and have not received any notice.

Are the taking care of the bay/reef?

Wimborne, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

Spent a week at Steinburger Coraya Beach Hotel from 27th Sept, can honestly say never heard a thing all week.

Burnham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

Hi all, we are at the Coraya 25/07/18, and have just been informed by Thomson that there are building works going on next to the Coraya. With all previous messages, seems that this issue has been going on since last summer. Was wondering if anyone has been at the Coraya more recently and has the noise got worse ?

Thanks, Yas

UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

As mentioned in another similar post I don't think there's anything to worry about - I got the same warning from Tui and stayed at the Coraya last month with no problem. Hardly any noise at all. Can't be bad as have booked a return visit later this year!

Burnham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

Thank u, much appreciated 😊

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam, Port Ghalib, Safaga, Hurghada
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

I have answered the other post and drove past today and I heard nothing

The Major work is done and can't Believe TUI have just told you as the Project started before last Summer.

I would.not worry about anything as you can hear nothing in the hotel just an odd hammer thump now and again.

I would see no reason in cancelling or changing hotel and if it was that bad it would be in the reviews.

Burnham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

Great, Thanks 4 That, looking 4ward 2 our holiday in July 😊

Oxfordshire, United...
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.

Hi all

We are going to Coraya Beach in a few weeks time and likewise had an email from TUI about the building works, no matter how often I phone over the last week, all at different times (27 in all !!) their so called dedicated line it either goes to "we are getting heavy demand etc ...call back " then cuts you off .

If you do get lucky then you hold listening to one music recording that replays every 1.5 mins... have waited between 19 mins - 33 mins , then had to give up as fear of throwing phone against the wall .

How can you cancel or change when the local TUI shop refuses to deal with internet bookings and no body answers their phones from the number TUI give you arghhh!

TUI only tell you about these issues AFTER you have paid the balance even though they have been telling others about it from last summer...disgraceful treatment by TUI !!!!! ...

It would appear that Jared who lives close by has the most up to date info and hope he can keep us all posted as much as possible before we have to fly...thank you Jared

Reply to: Coraya Beach Hotel Building Works.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam
Recent Conversations