We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

Hi everyone,

Our trip starts next week (4 nights in Moorea and 4 nights in Bora Bora) and I just want to make sure I am not forgetting anything and packed everything. Could you please tell me about your experience and if you forgot anything what was it? and if you wished you had done something what would it be?

Thank you guys!

All the best

19 replies to this topic
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

I packed a small french press and my own pre-ground coffee and a box of French Vanilla creamer pods. The coffee in the resorts was ridiculously expensive. Definitely worth the small amount space it took up. I also packed a float plus a length of rope to float off of our OWB. Or you can use it in the resort pool. Easy enough to leave behind if you don't want to bother packing it - another guest would love it! Also, a small cross body bag to carry my cellphone, money, credit card room key. Waterproof pouch for your phone. Assortment of ziplock bags which come in handy for a variety of reasons from protecting electronics to packing up wet swimsuits and liquids for your flight home.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 07:36
San Diego...
Level Contributor
212 posts
1 review
2. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

Pack some DVDs. Al the TV stations are in French.

Level Contributor
55 posts
3. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

Lots of sunscreen, a small flash light, 1/2 the clothes you think you need, a hat, a nylon backpack or bag if you plan to go to the market, reef shoes are a must, books on a Kindle or iPad, a light jacket for on the plane, insect spray or wipes, snacks (protein bars, nuts, etc.),

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

I agree with the items the others say. I would add your own snorkel gear if you like to snorkel a lot as we do and a collapsable cooler. Duty free alcohol if you like mixed drinks. LOTS of sunscreen

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

I don't think I had any regrets or forgotten items, but water shoes and at least 2 swim shirts/rash guards were absolute necessities.

Jackson, MS
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

I would pack any over the counter medications you may think you need. Drugstores in French Polynesia are not anything like those in the USA. They don’t have traditional pain relievers, sinus/allergy meds, etc.

San Juan Capistrano
Level Contributor
50 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

On my next trip to FP, I would pack: alcohol (very expensive there), water shoes to wear snorkeling and walking on sharp rocks before entering water, and a hat with a very wide brim.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
593 posts
67 reviews
8. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

I agree with all of the above. We always bring our own snorkel equipment, rum for mixing (some of it in 50 ml bottles for convenience and subtlety), coffee, "mini moos" (half and half single servings that don't require refrigeration) and either a french press or plastic Melitta filter holder and filters. Also, bring waterproof (rubber) shoes and rain poncho so you don't have to break stride if you get caught in a downpour. DEET mosquito repellent and a hat go without saying.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
666 posts
102 reviews
9. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

I wish I had forgotten to book my return plane ticket back to the states..lol

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
10. Re: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done

Best Tripadvisor Forum post ever! I am cracking up. Maybe I'll forget to book my return flight. Thanks for the laugh!

Edited: 22 August 2018, 09:29
Reply to: Things you forgot to pack or wished you had done
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bora Bora