We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April or July/August? Teacher School Breaks

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
April or July/August? Teacher School Breaks

I noticed April was cheaper than the summertime, however I am wondering "how" much cheaper it would be?

As a teacher, I have the luxury to travel any dates during the months of July & August. Ideally, I would like to travel to Bora during those months due to it being the dryer season. This trip has been my dream for over 19 years. I wouldn't want to go in April to save $1,000 and have it rain on me the whole time. (Yes, I know it can rain in July/August...but you know what I mean).

So, for those who are in the know: Is the weather comparable April vs. July? and how much $$$ do you think I would save going in April over July?

If it helps, I am planning on staying 2 days at Le Meriden and 3 days on the mainland.

4 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
10,254 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: April or July/August? Teacher School Breaks

Our last trip to FP was end of March first of April: little rain but very hot and humid!! We’ll be there ins few weeks and hoping for a little less humidity. I’m wondering why you’re staying so long on Tahiti. Why not Moorea or someplace else?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: April or July/August? Teacher School Breaks

We've been to Tahiti in April, June/July and August. We had rain for about 2 out of 14 days on each occasion. It was marginally hotter in April and I seem to remember I got bitten more. August was the windiest. June/July might be nice as it's when you have the Heiva festival in Bora Bora. Which ever month you choose you cannot go wrong except for Dec - March (esp. February), when you can get lots of rain!

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: April or July/August? Teacher School Breaks

by mainland i meant the mainland of bora bora. yes yes, adding other islands as well

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: April or July/August? Teacher School Breaks

thank you

Reply to: April or July/August? Teacher School Breaks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted