We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahay's boat tours

Junction, Texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mahay's boat tours

We are not able to do much in the way of hiking, but want to see as much of Danali as possible, We have info on the flights and the shuttles, but does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of the Mahay boat tours? We have read the ad and are thinking about the Three River Tour. We have 3 days in Denali in mid-August.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahay's boat tours

We did the 3 river's tour on their last day of the 2010 season (8/31) and enjoyed it. It was a relaxing and informative way to see and learn more about the area. You didn't say where you'll be staying, but I wouldn't encourage you to do this tour from/while staying up in or near Denali NP.

Junction, Texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahay's boat tours

Thanks for the input.

We are staying one night in Talkeetna before going on to Healy for 3 nights. We always build reading, resting and relaxing time in our vacation travel schedule.

Mentioned in this post
Healy
Healy
Denali National Park and Preserve, AK
Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahay's boat tours

The Mahay jet boat tours were fun for my wife and little one. They are tame enought for young or old.We did a 3hr or so trip and i wished we had went on a longer trip.

Talkeetna, Alaska
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahay's boat tours

Mahays Jet Boat tours are alot of fun, in my opinion. Last time we went we were the only ones on the boat which made it very nice.

Glad to see you are spending some time in Talkeetna. If Denali is out, you can get some great views and pictures from the river beach just down Main St. There are some great places to eat and shop in Talkeetna as well.

Enjoy Your Alaska Adventure

Andi-Owner/Talkeetna Chalet Bed and Breakfast

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Talkeetna Chalet
Talkeetna Chalet
267 Reviews
Talkeetna, AK
5. Re: Mahay's boat tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 09:59