We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey. where to go

essex
Level Contributor
78 posts
16 reviews
Turkey. where to go

Hi all,

Just had my first holiday in Turkey, in Marmaris and realised what I have been missing all these years, absolutely loved it. Has anyone got a favourite place in Turkey for (shall we say a more mature couple) where its not full up with night clubs and 2 4 1 bars but just a slow ish holiday with nice restaurant's, beach, and hotels

Regards Moff123

11 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
138 reviews
1. Re: Turkey. where to go

Dalyan & Oludeniz .

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Turkey. where to go

Definitely Dalyan also Turunc

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
3. Re: Turkey. where to go

Dalyan is a good shout - you could also look at Bitez, just outside Bodrum, which is a lovely little place.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
711 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Turkey. where to go

as someone who has visited marmaris, icmeler, gumbet, bodrum, hisaronu, olu deniz, dalyan and bitez.... id have to reccomend (out of all those) dalyan first and then possibly bitez, although bitez hasnt got a great deal there, its only five km to bodrum or gumbet. but dalyan wins hands down....large enough to give you a great amount of restaurants and bars to choose from, awesome scenery, lively if you want it, quiet if you want it..... and definitely nowhere near the hassle of marmaris.... only ever seen one stag party too, and i think most of those on it would have been in bed by 9pm haha. im 52, and by no means ready to hang up my headbanging title yet, but dalyan is the perfect place to relax with a beer....or several beers.... forget it, a shedload of beers...and watch the world go by (youve also got the added bonus of it only being twenty minutes transfer time aswell....and that makes one hell of a difference to us

Edited: 06 August 2018, 20:40
Level Contributor
26 posts
5. Re: Turkey. where to go

Definitely Dalyan, I also would recommend Turunc, both lovely places.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
82 reviews
6. Re: Turkey. where to go

dalyan first, yalikavak is nice too, not too busy or loud.

Doncaster
Level Contributor
115 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Turkey. where to go

Fethiye - grab a hotel overlooking the Marina which will give you fab views. A flat 5 minute walk into town where there are plenty of restaurants and a few bars. The waterfront with all the boats moored up and more cafes and Bars. The Fish market to buy fresh fish and get a restaurant to cook it up for you. Plus if you want a trip out on the Dolmus there's plenty of nice places to visit (Olu Deniz, Gocek, Kayakoy) . It's a working town which seems to have absorbed the Tourist trade well. If you want a beach head out of town on the Dolmus to the Fethiye peninsular where there's a good choice of places with facilities.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
109 reviews
8. Re: Turkey. where to go

Dalyan, Olu Deniz, Gundogan and Gumusluk on the Bodrum peninsula

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
177 reviews
9. Re: Turkey. where to go

Dalyan and Fethiye

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
74 reviews
10. Re: Turkey. where to go

Going all over Turkey you realise how different places in Turkey are.My first visit to Turkey in 1995 was to Marmaris,I didn’t like Marmaris but fell in love with Turkey and its people.Since then I have visited at least twice a year and loved everywhere.Nowadays my favourite is Dalyan followed by Bitez.Both these places are suitable for those not in the first flush of youth but are not a Turkish Bournemouth,you can do as much or as little as you want.Dalyan is a quick transfer from the airport to a lovely riverside town,if you like nature you will like Dalyan.Nice shops and a bar to suit most tastes,plenty of restaurants of all types.

Bitez has a lovely bay with views from most of the restaurants over the beach and beyond.Not a lot of shops but plenty of restaurants and a couple of places with entertainment.Advantage of Bitez is how easy it is to visit all the resorts and villages around the Bodrum peninsula.

Reply to: Turkey. where to go
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations
More Dalyan Topics