We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gocek

manchester
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
108 reviews
Gocek

Wanting to do a day in Gocek from Dalyan. Would we have to go to Ortaca and get Fethiye bus. Gorev Tourism were advertising a trip to the market in Gocek but don't seem to be doing it. Any help please

17 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
814 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Gocek

Dolmus goes direct . Not sure which day but just ask at the kiosk .

manchester
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
108 reviews
2. Re: Gocek

That's great robbt. Want to have a wander round as we are going to book Gocek for next year.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Gocek

Hogmail, I'm pretty sure they used to advertise a Sunday for the market, we would like to do this too.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
108 reviews
4. Re: Gocek

Thanks Yorkie will await your report 😀😀😀

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
5. Re: Gocek

We went on a dolmus from Dalyan direct to Gocek for the market. I think it was a Sunday. Market not as big as Dalyan, but we had a nice walk around Gocek & some lunch. The return dolmus broke down on the road from Ortaca to Dalyan & left us there to wait for the next public dolmus to come along. However, thats' another story.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: Gocek

Hotmail,I wanted to spend a couple of days in Gocek last year but Nermin from our hotel told us how very expensive it was so we didn’t bother.In September I am hoping to drive there for a day to enjoy a bit of the wealthy life style.Only been through before on the way to get on a boat,not one of the multi million pound ones sadly,always looks lovely.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
108 reviews
7. Re: Gocek

Just looking at accommodation for May 😬😬😬😬😬 or maybe not

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
8. Re: Gocek

turk0file, we spent several days in Gocek at the end of May, and I have to say we didn't find it any more expensive than anywhere else we've stayed in Turkey. We stayed in a lovely little family-run hotel, which cost us around the same as our hotel in Icmeler (we split our holiday between the two resorts) and we ate some great food at places which we found to be excellent value for money. There are obviously more expensive and upmarket places too, but you don't have to spend a fortune.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
74 reviews
9. Re: Gocek

blondiescot, thanks for that .Sounds as if our day out won’t be as expensive as we thought.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,896 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Gocek

Turkofile - you were very badly advised there! I think your mate wanted to keep you and your spends in Dalyan! I know both places and eating out in both places is comparable (Gocek does have the cheaper "local" places too!) It also has some lovely shops - with quality things, but not expensive given the quality. The usual warm Turkish hospitality you will find elsewhere! So I would agree with what BlondieScot says.

Reply to: Gocek
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
More Dalyan Topics