We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

Newcastle
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

Going to the Calbis on the 15th August, there seems to be an issue with people getting up very early for loungers, hope it’s not because one of the reasons we are going to Calbis as there was no problem of this last year.Anybody been there in the last few weeks

19 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

My friend and his wife were there 2 weeks ago and said somedays were a nightmate with people getting up earlputting towels on beds then going out for most of the day, perhaps the hotel should have signs saying if a lounger is not used for an hour the towels will be removed. Good luck anyway.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
225 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

I’m getting quite concerned as well by these reports. Would spoil our holiday!! We’ve always stayed within easy distance of a beach previously so it’s easy to escape to the beach if it’s a problem. Booked this on the strength of reviews saying plenty of sun beds, never a problem getting one etc. We are not ther til Last 2 weeks of September but I think the hotel if fairly well booked up.

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

Have visited The Calbis on several occasions and have never had a problem getting a sunbed. The main pool does get busier than the other two but I have always got a sunbed.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

The hotel should monitor the “reserving sunbed” situation. It’s ridiculous.

My favourite hotelier kindly folds and stores towels left on sun beds when the owners have gone out: he says “they might get blown away otherwise”

Cheshire
Level Contributor
225 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

That’s a very subtle way of dealing with it😊 😂

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

Yes, sorry to say that we were one of the families that visited recently and had to get up at a ridiculous hour to get beds around the main pool. (Being a family of 4 we wanted to be together.).

Unlike some others we DID use the beds all day!

It was our 4th visit to this lovely hotel but the bed situation really did spoil our stay. Reports of people around the ‘adult’ pool taking 2 cushions leaving other beds with none. Reports of umbrellas being taken whilst being used by others .....

The manager mentioned that extra beds had been ordered.

Hotel was busy - it would appear that a number of guests had achieved great last minute deals via Tui.

We also didn’t appreciate guests playing loud music around the pool - very inconsiderate.

Not too sure if we will visit again, especially as the wine on a number of occasions was undrinkable and errors were made with our booking (we have always booked direct with the Owner since our first visit in 2009.)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

I was looking forward to my hols, not sure now

Cheshire
Level Contributor
225 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

I feel the same Minsa, hopefully if more beds have been ordered it will help,

Pyrikies, thank you for your response and sad you holiday was spoilt. Did the owner and manager respond to any complaints, or are they now resting on their Laurels?

I hate this sort of thing😩 and now seriously contemplating changing our booking, if Jet 2 have anything else availabile for our dates, that is suitable.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

Hopefully the owners have seen these messages and will do something about it. Last year was no problem and so peaceful. Fingers crossed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis

I really don’t want to put you off your holiday. If you have never been before I am sure you will have a great time.

We just felt slightly disappointed, having been to the hotel a few times, that in the peak season the hotel seems to be struggling to deal with the number of guests. Never before have we encountered stag parties or loud music around the pool, or long waits for lunchtime meals to be served.

However, the hotel is still lovely, staff are great ... just felt it’s becoming a victim of its own success. Represents amazing value for money. However if the hotel fills rooms rooms even more cheaply via last minute deals.. then service/clientele will be affected.

Reply to: Sun loungers at hotel Calbis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
More Dalyan Topics