We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAPA Trek buddies .

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
SAPA Trek buddies .

Hey,

I will be in Sapa on 4 October and am very interested to trek in the countryside. We can start on 5/6 October.

I intend to do a 3D2N trek.

I trek cost seems to be inversely proportional to the number of people booking it.

Anyone interested ??

3 replies to this topic
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: SAPA Trek buddies .

To get a good deal, don't book a trek through an agent. Go to the church in the centre of town and meet one of the many Hmong ladies who offer themselves as a guide. You can also have the option of a genuine village homestay with the family. Going rate is around $25-$30 including food.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,270 posts
529 reviews
2. Re: SAPA Trek buddies .

Yes, we were approached by several Hmong ladies by the church and we did not really intend trekking but we ended up being persuaded to trek the following day , $20 each. The lady met us at the appointed time and the first thing she did was take us to the market and asked what we wanted for lunch. She then purchased the produce and we trekked to her village, where she provided a very good lunch, much to my surprise. After lunch we continued trekking and then caught a taxi back. The money goes directly to these lovely women instead of them getting a pittance from the agency. Really recommend it.

3. Re: SAPA Trek buddies .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2018, 19:59

Reply to: SAPA Trek buddies .
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted