We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the current taxi mafia situation in Canggu ?

India
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
what is the current taxi mafia situation in Canggu ?

hi,

I'm going to be reaching Canggu on the 18th. Wanted to know what is the current Taxi mafia situation in Canggu ? Is bluebird allowed at all or is it still private only ?

Anyone have the phone numbers of trusted taxi drivers to use for local night drop offs (to Seminyak clubs, etc). I'm traveling with my wife.

4 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,933 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: what is the current taxi mafia situation in Canggu ?

There is no problem getting an 'outside' driver to drop you off in Canggu. It really depends on whether you are staying in Canggu or visiting and what part of Canggu.

I can't say whether or not you could get a Bluebird to come in to Canggu to pick you up (e.g. using the app).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: what is the current taxi mafia situation in Canggu ?

Agree with post 1

You can get to canguu by bluebird but to get a bluebird while in Canguu is a no go (as far as I know/have been told)

We went to AMO spa from Petitenget, Seminyak by bluebird and it cost us $10 (he went the long way!) to get back we were told by AMO staff that no bluebird pick up was allowed so we got one of their transport drivers and it cost us $15. Difference of $5.

NEW ZEALAND
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: what is the current taxi mafia situation in Canggu ?

Hi

I wasnt aware of this mafia situation, and we are looking at taxi-ing from Seminyak to La Laguna for sunset/dinner at 5pm... is the traffic horrendous? And judging by the comments about pick up would be better to organise transfers with our hotel?

Thank you so much in advance,

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
824 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: what is the current taxi mafia situation in Canggu ?

Tourist spots like La Laguna would be policed heavily by locals.

I do note when i was there in March, that around a corner from my hotel there were bluebirds and other cars just parked, I later saw a bluebird pick someone up from my hotel

So it looks like there is some flexibility there. My hotel is on/next to the beach.

Doesnt look like it extended to Grab though, as my Grab driver had to confirm he was only dropping off, when he dropped me off at my hotel.

Considering what you're spending at places like La Laguna, just go with the flow and make life easier, 5 bucks isn't much. No one likes being ripped off, but in this case would be easier to just enjoy yourself in spite of a small ripoff

Edited: 24 August 2018, 10:45
Reply to: what is the current taxi mafia situation in Canggu ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted