We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kovalam beach hotel choice

California Hot...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Kovalam beach hotel choice

I will be going to Kovalam beach in mid june for 2 nights. After going through this forum and the hotel web sites, I have selected these two places: 1) Turtle on The Beach , 2) Vivanta by Taj - Kovalam

Can you please give your opinion from your experince about which hotel will be better out of these two choices? If you have any other name in your mind, please share that too as I haven't booked yet.

Thanks,

-Arun

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

01. Leela Kovalam , 02. Taj Kovlam , 03. Turtle on the beach.

Leela is the best.

2. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2012, 18:05
UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

read the reviews........

Lela seems to be 2 hotels in one. you have to pay a lot more to stay in 5* "club" for the true 5 star experience club lounge, infinnity pool etc... The rest seems more 4 star and in need of upgrading. That is the impression I have got anyway from reading reviews....

Taj better reviews I think

Edited: 02 March 2012, 18:43
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

We have been to Leela Kovalam, truly loved the experience, one of the best. The best part was the food. Please opt an all incl. package, it was really good.

We stayed for 2 nights and extended to the 3rd as we loved the place.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

Leela no doubt scores over therest for the location and beach access, but the lower category rooms are cramped for the money you pay. Taj has nice rooms but beach is a bit far to walk to every time if you are a beach lover. On the contrary Turtle the lessor know property has the best of rooms with a fairly decent location with good acrees to local shops. If you are looking at value go for Turtle, if it's the location go for Leela and if it's an overall comfort go for Vivanta

germany
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

I can recommend a nice place, last year new build up, directly at the lighthouse beach, its really the best place at the beach, its called Varma beach cottage.

http://www.calangutebeach.com/k_about.html

He has also a hotel in Calangute, but you can see also the photos of the Kovalam cottage.

Tonie

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

I recommend Vivanta Kovalam. I was there in last summer for couple of days. They have their own private beach and seafood restaurant on the beach side. They have a lagoon in their property too.

germany
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

i mean, it depends of what you want, you can have for a price like in europe a hotel,

far away from the real life of india, or for example stay in a place with european standard at the beach,

and go out everyday, to all the restaurants and shopping in all the shops, so you are staying safe, quiet, secure and well accomodated in the Varma cottage place with european standard.

, a lot of people from leela came here and changed, after seeing this nice place. im travelling since 19 years to this place, i know very well where to go.

take you luck

tonie

9. Re: Kovalam beach hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 00:44