We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Muri Beach Club Hotel or The Sunset Resort

Tauranga, NZ
2 posts
Wedding at Muri Beach Club Hotel or The Sunset Resort

We are getting married in May 2011 and are trying to decide between the above two resorts. We are looking at a beach ceremony and then a reception of approx 70 -100 guests with dance party afterwards. If anyone can help me in regards to a wedding at either of these properties then i would love to hear from you.

Also if there are any recommendations out there for a good local Rarotongan DJ, that plays modern hits but for all ages would also be great.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,922 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Wedding at Muri Beach Club Hotel or The Sunset Resort

Hi Blondie,

Kia orana and welcome to our Raro forum.

For the number of guests attending your wedding, I highly recommend Sunset Resort - stunning beachfront lawn, gazebo can be decorated, and there's plenty of space and privacy to enjoy your special celebrations.

DJ - Shaun the pilot. He also hires marques etc. as well. Hm, let's see - you could try emailing him via Air Raro. The airline website will have an email addy for you to make contact with him. Let me think on about venue for dance party - guests staying at the resort may be early-birds, unless you book out the resort with that number of people attending the wedding. Otherwise, perhaps the Kikau Hut which is very close by the Sunset.

Muru Beach Club is next door to the Ngatangiia sports clubroom - that would also be a suitable venue. Others may have good suggestions - if staying in Titikaveka, there's the Kent Hall directly opposite Royale Takitumu, and Enua Maru hall just past Heliconia villas (opposite Raina Apartments).

Ka kite

Rarotonga
Level Contributor
25 posts
2. Re: Wedding at Muri Beach Club Hotel or The Sunset Resort

Hello

I can recommend Dave Tau as a DJ. I heard him playing at a wedding at the Tamarind a few weeks ago and he was awesome. He knows how to keep the crowd on the dance floor and plays all types of music. He is a professional scratch DJ too not a CD changer! Big difference.

Email: davtonawon@gmail.com

All the best

Tauranga, NZ
2 posts
3. Re: Wedding at Muri Beach Club Hotel or The Sunset Resort

Thankyou both for your recommendations. I will email DJ dave he sounds good. Still trying to decide between the two resorts and both Wedding co-ordinators are so helpful! Will let you know how i get on, unless anyone else there has any other recommendations with either resort?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,922 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: Wedding at Muri Beach Club Hotel or The Sunset Resort

Another awesome DJ is Marama, known as Ma. She's one very talented lady. I'll PM you for details of how to contact her.

Of the two resorts, I consider Sunset to be perfect for a wedding with that number of guests, and you could book the entire restaurant. Love that venue and accommodation. A sunset wedding there would be magical!

5. Re: Wedding at Muri Beach Club Hotel or The Sunset Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 10:49