We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akimano Villa's and Entertainment

kiwi326
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Akimano Villa's and Entertainment

I'm thinking of staying here for a week after my wedding in Rarotonga- but have noticed that there is little by way of reviews of this place.

Has anyone stayed here? or can somebody give me some insight about how far inland this place is?...whether it is close to shops etc..or just any information at all.

I am also still looking for an island dance group to put on a show for my guests, does anyone have any phone numbers or contact email addresses so I could arrange this?- I have had a look on here already- but I can just see names, and no contact details. Also, can someone advise whether it is plausible to just organise when I arrive on the island.

Thanks in advance

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,607 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Akimano Villa's and Entertainment

Kia Ora Kiwi,

I certainly wouldn't be disappointed not finding a recent review of Akimano. More likely because it isn't situated beachfront, it doesnt enter the popularity stakes by first time visitors. Perhaps it's one of the best kept secrets (and there are many around Raro) with guests discovering an exclusive slice of paradise and keeping it to themselves.

Titikaveka is a big village, and its lush planting soils stretch from the hinterland hills to the sea. Beautiful area of Raro. Climate, and scenery -wise, the amenity values in this south side are enormous. Akimano would be approx 1 km inland from main road where a number of quality homes are being built. Plenty of small side roads run down to the main road. There are 2 village stores in Titikaveka, and petrol supply, with Turoa bakery and Salt-water cafe located over the stream in Turoa. Exc ellent fresh fruits and veg grown in Titikaveka. In the village itself, dining options include Pawpaw Patch, Little Polynesian cafe, and Maire Nui garden cafe. It's barely 5 minutes to Muri for more dining options, and a range of shops springing up along this popular beachfront stretch.

For a small dance troupe, most of the people in Takitumu (district includes Muri & Titikaveka) are involved in some way with cultural performances. If staying at Akimano, speak with the hosts who are more than likely involved or have close family in the local groups. Ask around the village. Key contacts in Titikaveka are the owners of Little Polynesian. Additionally, it's very easy to arrange this once you are in Raro. Are you having a string band as well?

Hope this helps. Ka kite ra!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Level Contributor
889 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Akimano Villa's and Entertainment

For your dance troupe, contact Anthony Turua at anthony@education.gov.ck. They have a great dance troupe and the prices are pretty reasonable. Typically, they are $600 for a full 45 minute show or $500 for a 30 minute show. You can pick and choose the number and type of dancers you would like, and negotiate prices from there. Anthony will be happy to answer any questions for you and advise on availability, etc. I would suggest you contact them early to avoid disappointment for your dates.

Cheers and good luck with your planning. Please let us know if we can help you in any way.

3. Re: Akimano Villa's and Entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 11:52
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga
Recent Conversations