We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Titikaveka cold in Spring??

Wollongong
Level Contributor
99 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Titikaveka cold in Spring??

Hi Everyone,

We have booked "Iros beach bungalow" for our honeymoon at the end of October but I have just had a look at a few forum posts and noticed that it seems to be a general comment that this part of the island suffers from cold winds at this time of year? Is this true? We picked this spot for snorkleing...is there somewhere else that would be sheltered and still have good snorkleing?

Thankyou,

Beck

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Titikaveka cold in Spring??

From November through March the temps are 24-26 c degrees. That's around 78-82 f. Is that cold? Chuck...

Rarotonga, Cook...
Level Contributor
889 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Titikaveka cold in Spring??

Hi Bekky,

Titikaveka can be breezy at times, but the winds are not cold. As a matter of fact, the breeze can be very refreshing and pleasant, when you are out on the water or sunbathing on the beach. During the evening, the winds can feel chilly so be sure to bring a light jacket or sweater just in case.

You've picked a great spot for your Honeymoon!

Wollongong
Level Contributor
99 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Titikaveka cold in Spring??

Thanks BlackBelt4dan and MsVancouver. No 24-26 is definately NOT cold! lol. I think we will stay where we are. I was just a little worried when I read a previous post that said "In spring the winds can be chilly so it is best to stick to the western shores". You have given me peace of mind. :0)

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,668 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Titikaveka cold in Spring??

Hi bekky,

The great feature of Raro is that when one side of the island is breezy, you simply move to the other side of island and receive shelter! It really is that simple. Who knows what the weather is going to do around the spring equinox. It can be hot and dry one year, and showery at other times. I've heard recent comments that the Aroa marine reserve is showing a very healthy ecosystem teaming with sealife. No doubt the Edgewater reserve is also displaying an increase in species since their m.r. was instituted too.

If you dont have a hire vehicle or rental scooter, it's relatively simple to take the bus to all these spots. When you arrive check the situationn out, and be prepared to move around as you see fit. Have a great stay. How long are you spending in Raro? Are you flying direct from Sydney?

Wollongong
Level Contributor
99 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Titikaveka cold in Spring??

Hi Frangipani,

Thanks for your help! :0) We probably wont have car hire but we may consider scooters while we are there. We are flying from Sydney, then staying in Aitutaki for 6 days at Etu Moana and Raro for 7 days. We are then flying back through Christchurch NZ and staying there for 4 days. I cant wait!!!! :0)

I was wondering if you know much about bringing over books and stationary for school children over there? I am a kindergarten teacher in Australia and after the Cyclone I thought it might be nice to get some new childrens books and things over there??? Thanks, Beck

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Titikaveka cold in Spring??

We were on Raro in March and it was SMOKING HOT!!! No matter where you went it was hot! We would turn our face into the breeze that went by every hour! I think when people say it's cooler, they mean in comparison to sweating to death...

Even the rainy cloudy days were warm. There was not a minute on Raro or Aitutaki that we were cold...not even in the middle of the night!

7. Re: Titikaveka cold in Spring??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 08:46
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga
Recent Conversations