We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you walk from Titikaveka to Vaimaanga along the lagoon?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
428 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Can you walk from Titikaveka to Vaimaanga along the lagoon?

Hi. Is it possible to do this? I believe its only two kms between the two places. I have read Wigmores store is the place to go for supplies. Would be great if we could just walk along the lagoon front taking a dip along the way if needed to cool down. We walk alot so distance is not a problem. Just not sure if there is a rocky headland between the two places or something else that would make this not viable . Cheers Kiwi

2 replies to this topic
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,724 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you walk from Titikaveka to Vaimaanga along the lagoon?

At low tide, walking along the beachfront is do'able. At high tide, the seawall in Turoa will mean that you need to come up to the road, at the Papaaroa college area, then walk along the road until you can cut down at the stream mouth beside Sea-Change. Not possible to cross the stream at Sea-Change without getting wet when the stream is flowing though. Another flowing stream is the one at Totokoitu that you would need to cross. It had a decent flow of water this morning when I looked at it.

Another short stretch will be beside the rock revetment wall beside Beach Vibe in Vaimaanga. You'll almost be at Wigmore's by then and would be a good spot to come onto the road as there are residences and occupied holiday homes immediately across from Wigmore's.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Change Villas
Sea Change Villas
769 Reviews
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Vaimaanga
Vaimaanga
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
New Zealand
Level Contributor
428 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you walk from Titikaveka to Vaimaanga along the lagoon?

Hi Frangipani. Sounds like a mish. Cheers Kiwi

Reply to: Can you walk from Titikaveka to Vaimaanga along the lagoon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;