We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are flight delays frequent on Air Rarotonga?

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Are flight delays frequent on Air Rarotonga?

My husband and I are planning a short trip to Aitutaki in Sept / Oct 2015. On our last day leaving Aitutaki, we need to fly to Auckland via Rarotonga. Just wondering whether the flights on Air Raro from Aitutaki to Rarotonga are punctual? We have two hours layover in Rarotonga and any delays might result in us missing the onward flight to Auckland. Kindly advise. Thanks in advance!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,605 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are flight delays frequent on Air Rarotonga?

Kia Orana Catherine,

I agree with Princess. Although their air fares are on the high side, this airline does its best to work to their schedule, and use replacement aircraft should something untoward occur to the usual Saab aircraft that is used on the RAR - AIT sector.

Email Air Rarotonga and follow the information up when you arrive on Rarotonga or Aitutaki that you are connecting to an international flight. The staff will respond to any unlikely delays with your outbound flights or processing. Contact the bookings desk through www.airraro.com.

Enjoy your Aitutaki stay and relax on holiday. Kia manuia.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are flight delays frequent on Air Rarotonga?

Personally I would book an earlier flight and enjoy the day without stress in Rarotonga. Maybe even go the night before

3. Re: Are flight delays frequent on Air Rarotonga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2016, 10:47