We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aitutaki Weather

Nebraska
7 posts
Aitutaki Weather

We will be in Aitutaki from June 8-13 and I am somewhat concerned about the upcoming weather...it looks as though it could rain and be windy for multiple days during our stay, which would hamper many things we are hoping to do. Could anyone please give insight as to how impactful this might be to our plans? I will still hope for that ideal perfect week of weather, as this is a surprise destination for our honeymoon.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Aitutaki Weather

Hi srj22. I would recommend you book lagoon cruises early in your stay when the weather is nice. What is it that you are hoping to do that the weather might affect. If you are interested in kite boarding, the wind will be perfect for that. The forecast for rain increases near the end of your stay with a 60 percent chance on Friday. Weather in the South Pacific can change quickly so be prepared to be flexible. It is unlikely that when it does rain that it will last all day, especially early in your stay and when it does, it will be warm rain. You can always snorkel in the rain, you will be wet anyway. What I tell people, is that rain in paradise is still paradise. I am sure you will enjoy your honeymoon on Aitutaki regardless of the weather.

Enjoy your trip.

Nebraska
7 posts
2. Re: Aitutaki Weather

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, thank you. We simply did not want the weather to affect our plans to be out in the lagoon, although it may also turn into less time in the sun. Either way, it will be a great trip, thank you again.

3. Re: Aitutaki Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki
Recent Conversations