We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather on Aitutaki

Fkp
Level Contributor
86 posts
149 reviews
Current weather on Aitutaki

How's weather been the last weeks?

My phone app tells me it has been raining all day for the past 2 weeks - I hope it is wrong.

Can I have a update?

Cheers,

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

Your phone app pretty much has it right. 50 - 80% chance of rain from the 7th to the 14th.

Fkp
Level Contributor
86 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

Thank you

Whole day rain rain? Or random showers?

How was the past 14 days?

And is this common Dec-Jan weather?

Edited: 06 January 2015, 11:07
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

Marons,

I will be on Aitutaki from the 11th-18th and have been watching the same weather predictions. I'm trying not to worry, and judging from this web cam on Rarotonga it's not always raining!

http://www.sailsrestaurant.co.ck/webcam/

We have a trip planned with Black Pearl Fishing Charter and they have told me that the rain is not usually all day long. I'm expecting daily rain showers, but not days and days of rain. Or so I hope! But I too would like to hear from a local on what the weather has been like the last two weeks.

Just remember, no matter when you go you can't control the weather so make the most of it!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
304 reviews
4. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

Hi

The webcam at Sails Restaurant has been stuck on a picture from 23 December so is completely out of date unfortunately.

Rarotonga has heavy extremely heavy rains and the CI News facebook site has shown photos of flooding.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

HI MIzWestrafalia We have had rain most days but not all day the last couple of weeks and it looks like it will continue with that pattern. It's been sunny this morning with increasing chance of rain latter in the day and getting rainier later in the week.

Here's a web site to keep track:

wunderground.com/global/stations/91831.html

It's the tropics and this is the rainy season.

Fkp
Level Contributor
86 posts
149 reviews
6. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

Is this common weather this time of year?

Looking to go next Dec/Jan.

Lake Macquarie...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
151 reviews
7. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

marons,

I would suggest looking at the historical figures for the weather patterns over the past 20 years, take the average & that may be what will happen next year when you intend to visit. But...Mother Nature doesn't often conform to averages so even this method may not work for you.

I would just go with the thought that Dec/Jan in the tropics is the wet season, then you won't be disappointed or surprised if it rains.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

Bummer about the web cam! Thanks Puapii-teacher for the update. I will just have to soak up every last ray of sunshine I see and pack my rain coat. Anything beats this Colorado cold and snow.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

MIz, the weather for next week seems to be improving but things can change very quickly. The web cam on Raro is fun but it's not any indication of what is happening on Aitutaki.Rarotonga usually gets more rain than Aitutaki due to the mountains. We can get rain clouds come our way and they just blow right over with no rain. As I tell people, rain in paradise is still paradise. I am sure you will enjoy your trip especially with what is happening with the weather in the states currently. Where are you staying on Aitutaki?

Brooklyn, New York
1 post
1 review
10. Re: Current weather on Aitutaki

Does the chance of rain diminish in mid-February? I am thinking of coming out there mid-month

Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki
Recent Conversations