We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Aitutaki Lodging

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
Good Aitutaki Lodging

I'm looking at booking at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort - but am honestly scared off by the huge number of bad comments about how rude the staff is, and how un-worth the expense it is. Anyone out there who is really familiar with the lodging on Aitutaki and can advise if it is really as bad as it appears? Should I book somewhere else?

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

HI travelj, If you go to the reviews of the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309706-d309965…

and click on the 'more' at the end of any review you will see a link you can click on to contact the person who wrote the review. You can then ask them directly what they thought. They may give you more information than they were comfortable posting in the review. I would recommend contacting several reviewers, both good and bad, to get a good cross section.

TripAdvisor ranks it 7 out of 10 of the hotels on Aitutaki. So obviously there are some that others like better and you may want to take a look at the reviews for those also.

If you haven't already made a booking, since you live in the states, you might want to check out CostCo Travel. They have some nice packages to several places on Aitutaki, the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort being one of them. Others are the Aitutaki Pacific Resort, Aitutaki Escape and Tamanu Beach.

Good luck with your planning

Edited: 12 September 2014, 06:38
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

Hi travelj60 , I already booked to stay at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort 6 months ago and will finally get there in about 4 weeks. Cant wait to be honest . Yes I have been a bit concerned of late about the mixed reviews here on TA, but im not going there to rate the staff about whos snobby or whos rude. im there for the beautiful lagoon, swimming, snorkling and fishing and everything that the cook islands are . Or maybe I can lay in my own hammock with a cocktail in my hand on a private island , hmm :)

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

travelj60 personally I would never stay at the Aitutaki Resort and Spa - there are much better places on Aitutaki as suggested by Puapii. I hope your holiday fully meets your expectations Jeepman

regards

Suzi

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

Have you had some bad experiences there suzi ?

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,738 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

Have a great trip jeepman. I didnt stay at the lagoon resort, but it has the very best location and the island does look lovely. At low tide you can walk to the samade, koru cafe or boat shed cafe (or use the transfer boat)

. i think a cocktail in the hammock, with the stunning lagoon sounds great. there is a lovely beach on aitutaki lagoon resort with some good snorkelling and a lovely crystal clear swimming hole at the channel between the island and main aitutaki island (reef end).

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

Let's just see what you think Jeepman. I don't want to rain on your parade and it would seem rude or disinterested service doesn't matter to you. I would recommend you also try other places to eat - food can be pretty average. It is a lovely spot to swim though - although can be a bit windy and cold compared to the rest of the island

regards

Suzi

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

Thank you - very wise input. I will do as you suggest.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

I hope your vacation is awesome! Please do post a review after. We don't really care about the "snobby" part that much either - just want to make sure the staff is responsive to needs, and that the place is not as tired and run-down as some made it seem. thank you for taking the time to post a response!

Raglan, New Zealand
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

depends on what you want, I have just returned from 2 weeks in Aitutaki for my wedding. To be honest Lagoon resort and spa is in a great location in terms of the beautiful lagoon which is right there and the activities you can do and its closeness to Koru cafe which is the only place we found that did a decent coffee. If you enjoy resorts this is a ok one for the island. I ended up enjoying Vaiorea Beach house better which we stayed at after the resort. Therefore it is really up to you and what you are wanting out of your trip.

10. Re: Good Aitutaki Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki