We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Aitutaki

Vantaa, Finland
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Aitutaki

Hi!

We're flying to Aitutaki on 4th of August and I would like to know hows the weather right now in there and whats it usually like in the beginning of August? Also what is the most reliable online weather service for Cook Islands? It seems that all the online forecast give different information.

Best Regards

Aleksi

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

Hi Aleksi, right now it's raining and 22C. It's the middle of our winter and the temperature usually is in the low to mid 20sC at this time of year. It can get down into the upper teens at night so a light jacket is recommended.

One 10 day forecast is showing a high chance of rain on the first days of August with temps in the mid 20s.

Weather can change very quickly here and that's one of the reasons you may see disparities in different forecasts. Here are 2 web sites you can use to check before your trip.

wunderground.com/global/stations/91831.html

www.windfinder.com/forecast/aitutaki_airport

And here is a web site that shows the satellite image of our part of the Pacific. Aitutaki is the small dot just East of 160W and just North of 20S Rarotonga is the small dot just south of it.

…wisc.edu/real-time/…xxirg10sbbm.jpg

Regardless of the weather, I'm sure you will enjoy your visit.

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

We are leaving today, and frankly we can't wait to get home. We have had one day with sone sun, the rest were rainy and quite cold. We were also told that they had had seven days of rain prior to our arrival. There is absolutly nothing to do here when it's raining. Prior to our visit here we were at Bora Bora. A bit more expensive, but the weather there was amazing.

Christian

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

Yes…I agree with Christian!! We were there for 2 weeks with terrible weather! :( Bring a rain jacket and more than long sleeves…this next week will have the horrible winds and some on and off rain. Best of luck and I will do a sun dance for you. The water is a bit colder than expected and when the sun isn't out and the wind blows, it makes it cold. :(

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

Hi kgluhak and Christian L

Really sorry you experienced such horrible weather. I read it was not much better in Rarotonga either. Hugely disappointing and I can imagine not much to do at all when it is windy, wet and cold.

I hope your next holiday is perfect

Regards

Suzi

Edited: 04 August 2014, 09:06
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
888 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

Well the good news is that it looks like next week will be much better than this past couple on both islands. Says sunny and pleasant.

I've actually had the heater on a few nights here on Raro. Very unusual weather patterns. I felt so sorry for the tourists that were bravely trying to enjoy the island, but they looked pretty disappointed. I truly hope you enjoy your vacation.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

How did this week's weather fare? I see we might not have fared much better staying closer to home and going to Hawaii with the hurricanes approaching there! Crazy weather everywhere!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

Hey Guys,

I leave for my trip tomorrow and I'm so excited! I have been crazy checking the weather for my trip and see that it might have some showers Sat with the temperature 24C/75F. What kind of attire would be recommended? Should I still bring sweater, jackets, and pants?

Thanks for your help in advance. ;)

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

HI gabitexas, the weather forecast for the upcoming week is for the low 20s so I would recommend a light jacket or sweater for the evenings. I guess it all depends on what you are used to. After Saturday it should be partly cloudy to clear until the 19th.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

Thanks for that advice! ;)

10. Re: Weather in Aitutaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 09:45