We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

San Jose, CA. USA
Level Contributor
95 posts
Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

Hi Everyone,

I might be adding an extra leg to my Moorea/Bora Bora trip.

Was wondering which is the nicer resort Pacific or Aitutaki Lagoon Resort?

Which has nicer beach? Better snorkeling? Is the snorkeling great in Aitutaki vs. Moorea? Bora Bora?

Thanks lots,

Robyn

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

Pacific Resort.

Nicer resort, better beach, better snorkeling.

Snorkeling is better in Bora Bora. The good snorkeling on Aitutaki is in the lagoon just to the east of Honeymoon island and just south of Rapota island.

Aitutaki is sort of like Bora Bora 30 years ago. No big resorts, locals haven't been westerized as much and they speak english.

San Jose, CA. USA
Level Contributor
95 posts
2. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

Thanks so very very much, tikiintahiti!! Really do appreciate all your

invaluable help/advice as well as all the help from everyone else here on trip advisor.

Everyone is truly awesome!!!

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart,

Robyn

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

I've been to Aitutaki 4 times, Bora Bora about 10 times, Rarotonga 3 times, Moorea 6 times, cruised the cooks and the Society Islands. Please feel free to ask questions. Did you get my PM?

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
136 reviews
4. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

I agree with the Pacific over Aitutaki Resort and Spa

Regards

Suzi

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

Pacific Resort is a higher class hotel but I personally definitely prefer the lagoon view at Lagoon resort where you can have different motus in the backdrop and you can Kayaking or windsurfing there. The Lagoon resort also has more water sports available. It's not a bad idea to split your stay between these 2 places. Another consideration is Etu Moana. I stayed at all these 3 resorts last time.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
136 reviews
6. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

What we did last time is buy day passes at the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa - that way we got to use all the water sports and facilities without the need to stay there. I think it cost around $50 for a family (but not exactly sure). The swiming was fantastic but it was windy unlike the west side and as it was June it was cold. We thought after a sticky beak at the rooms they looked pretty average for the price - we did not see the overwater bungalows though - which really are built on the edge of the water and jut over it slightly -not like Tahiti. Also what’s with the big dust bowl in the centre? When we dined in the restaurants (we tried both) we though the food and service were pretty poor. The activities guys were great though

Regards

Suzi

Edited: 13 May 2011, 12:59
Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

Haven't stayed at Lagoon but stayed at Pacific and it was perfect. Really. Snorkelling with Te KIng is great as they take you to lots of different spots - a place where all the fish come to eat the food from your hands, another where there are giant clams, and an underwater coral maze. I think it would be difficult to cover all this ground without local knowledge, plus their kai was awesome.

Wichita,Kansas
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

I loved Moorea and Bora Bora.Will the Cook Islands come close to those locations? Where do you suggest? Thanks, Sean

Atascadero, Ca
Level Contributor
209 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

I have also been to Bora Bora, Moorea and Cook islands. The Cook islands will be a close third to Bora Bora and Moorea. It is very pretty, but the lagoons are shallower. Some of the coral is dead around Rarotonga. The snorkeling is good but just not quite as pretty as French Polynesia. With that said, the Cook Islands are a lot cheaper to visit. Everyone is friendly and I love renting a little house on the beach instead of staying at a hotel. I like to cook my own food. It really is more affordable to visit Cook Islands. If you go, you must see Aitutaki and take a lagoon cruise to One Foot Island. You will love it.

10. Re: Pacific Resort vs. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 07:45