We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Resort Aitutaki vs Etu Moana: Honeymoon Destination

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Pacific Resort Aitutaki vs Etu Moana: Honeymoon Destination

I am trying to decide where to stay for our honeymoon in April next year and have narrowed it down to 2 places on Aitutaki (still searching through endless options for Rarotonga)

Either the Pacific Resort Aitutaki or Etu Moana, any suggestions?

I know there is a large difference in the cost, is the extra cost at Pacific Resort really worth it or is Etu Moana just as nice? The reviews on both places sound pretty good.

Also are the beaches nearby soft and sandy or reef like? Are restaurants & bars close to both resorts? Also which rooms are the best, I have heard that beachfront rooms are not necessarily the best as you have people walking past all the time to go to the beach.

Appreciate your thoughts on these 2 options?

Thanks

Rarotonga, Cook...
Level Contributor
889 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Pacific Resort Aitutaki vs Etu Moana: Honeymoon Destination

End of June works for me! I will be here. Looking forward to it! I'm putting together a Canada Day celebration for the other Canadians down here on July 1st, so my "planning cap" will be on!!

TX
Level Contributor
563 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Pacific Resort Aitutaki vs Etu Moana: Honeymoon Destination

Looks like the thread veered in a new direction, but to get back to the OPs question, I would add one comment that I did not see addressed:

The beach at the PR is definitely nicer than at EM. Yes, these two locations are along the same side of the island, but the water is more shallow at EM making it more difficult to swim/snorkel, at least during low tide. We swam and enjoyed the water at both locations last May, and I must say that I was a little disappointed with the water at EM for this reason. In fact, during low tide, it was really a bit unattractive. I do not think EM is a bad choice by any means, but it is better to have accurate expectations than to be unpleasantly surprised. I should also note that for me, beach and scenery are a top priority, so I am sure that everyone will not agree with my view. I can however, email pics of both beaches if anyone likes and then you can decide on this issue for yourselves.

Cheers and have a great stay on an amazing island!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Pacific Resort Aitutaki vs Etu Moana: Honeymoon Destination

I would agree with your post chargedmr2. Although we stayed at PR and also found it very difficult to swim/snorkel there as it was very shallow and there's so much coral. Thank goodness for the outstanding pool at PR. The pool was so beautiful we didn't seem to mind not being able to swim freely in the ocean...and we are ocean people! Either choice will be great!

24. Re: Pacific Resort Aitutaki vs Etu Moana: Honeymoon Destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 10:46