We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

We are in the middle of booking our Tahitian trip (InterContinental package) to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.

In Moorea we can choose either a Garden Pool Bungalow or a Beach Bungalow. What would be your suggestion?

Thank you!

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

It's your deal. What I would do may very well be different than you. I prefer swimming in the lagoon, the pool would do nothing for me. But some may like the privacy of the pool ...............

Phoenix, Arizona
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

if you are going to any of the over water bungalow somewhere else, you can just stay in garden. if not definitely choose beach or oven over water. But to be honest, i stopped by the over water bungalow in InterContinental, it's nothing compare to Hilton.

arizona
Level Contributor
56 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

I like the beach bungalows at the IC for their views of the lagoon, plus the easy access. The garden bungalows are right behind the regular beach bungalows & some look like they have partial lagoon views. Personally, I prefer the beach to a pool, but that's my preference. You will enjoy the IC in either room! Have fun!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

The beach bungalows don't have as much privacy as the garden bungalows do since they open out onto the beach. I stayed in a garden bungalow and liked it, but I think I got lucky because our garden bungalow was kind of on the beach (I think it was the only one like that) but still with some privacy since it was "behind" the beach - if that makes sense. I posted pics from my garden bungalow here so you can check it out for yourself: justwanderlustblog.com/2012/…

If you pick a garden bungalow, you'll get more privacy but you can still walk to a beach and hang out. A word of caution, though. The white lounge chairs on the beach are covered in bird droppings so that kind of turned us off a little bit to being beachside.

Hope that helps.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

You might also try asking your hotel if you can wait to arrive to pick. I've never been to French Polynesia and we have the same decision at the Hilton Moorea. I emailed to ask if I could wait till arrival to choose (pending availability, of course), and they were happy to oblige.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

Being at IC right now, I would choose the Garden Bungalows. I rather have access to the lagoons for snorkeling and it is more private. Bring your water shoes. There are rocks and a lot of black sea cucumber looking things on the bottom of the lagoon.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

Thank you everyone - great suggestions…also I am still a bit confused with the IC Moorea room selection.

I think we will stay with the garden bungalow in IC Moorea (our TA insisted), but personally I like to be as close to the water as possible. Like your suggestion -jsteinke17-, I’ll try to contact IC prior to our arrival.

We are currently made the following room reservations (Tahiti and Bora Bora already upgraded as per Ambassador Membership): Lagoon room in IC Tahiti, Garden Pool room in IC Moorea and Sapphire OVB in IC Bora Bora. Super excited about this trip – should be amazing.

ps. we are off to our annual Mayan Riviera trip next week, so we will be reading a lot, learning about FP and all the islands we will be visiting to get prepared for our May-June trip.

Cheers and Happy travels everyone! C.

Toronto, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

My Fiancé and I are planning the exact same trip for our honeymoon in November. When are you going? We opted for the Garden Bungalow for the privacy but it was a tough decision!

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

When is your trip and have you already gone? I would love to hear how everything worked out because I am researching booking a honeymoon in October for 12 days. Was three places a lot or just right? How long was your trip? Any recommendations after returning?!

Also, are you booking everything on your own and through each hotel or are you working with a travel agent? I am curious because I know the boat or jumper plane transfers are needed to get to each island.

Edited: 12 June 2012, 01:39
Ottawa
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IC - Garden Pool Bungalow or Beach Bungalow

Just an idea- we booked through Expedia and got a very low price- around $200 a night for a garden view, and when we got there we asked what it would cost to upgrade to an over-water bungalow. They charged another $150. It would have been $500 if we had booked it from the start. It was fabulous, by the way!

Get answers to your questions about Moorea