We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snakes in Tahiti?

New York, NY
10 posts
Save Topic
Snakes in Tahiti?

I am deciding between Fiji and a Tahitian island for a honeymoon. I have been somewhat scared off of Fiji by hearing there are sea snakes. Are there sea snakes or any other types of snakes anywhere in Tahiti? We realize the snakes aren't dangerous, but nonetheless are terrified of any kind of snake.

Thanks for any help!!!

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snakes in Tahiti?

I've never personally seen a snake in Tahiti on any island.....

lots of colorful fishes, turtles, rays, etc...safe in Tahiti.

I'd watch out more for those mystery umbrella drinks :)

Fiji, yes........water snakes....depending on where you go.

sunny regards,

shully

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snakes in Tahiti?

Ia Orana

Fiji yes (have you looked at Survivor fiji Latelly ? )

Tahiti: No.

Hope this helps

meherio

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snakes in Tahiti?

HI Jore146

my daughter asked the question of snakes and spiders on our last trip to FP. We were told there are no snakes or poisonous

spiders on the islands. As a matter fact we were told that there are no dangerous land animals in FP.

Regards BO

New York, NY
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snakes in Tahiti?

Thank you everyone for the quick responses! Unfortunately, I was not aware of Surviror Fiji, but will be sure to try to watch. Are there certain areas in Fiji with no snakes?

I'm so happy to hear Tahiti has no snakes!! Now the trick of finding somewhere affordable :)

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snakes in Tahiti?

You will find something affordable, I have learned there is a Tahiti for many budgets. Hey........Sometimes it's not only where you stay.....after all it is Tahiti, and even a B & B experience could be worthwhile. Some of those that I saw looked incredibly charming. There are so, so many options!!!!

Regards

BO

6. Re: Snakes in Tahiti?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 04:49