We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bosque del Cabo vs El Remanso...?

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
86 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Bosque del Cabo vs El Remanso...?

We have an upcoming trip to Osa this Spring Break, with two kids ages 8 and 11. It is our second trip w/the kids to CR...last time we went to Arenal/Manuel Antonio areas. Wondering which location is more suitable for kids, which is a better value...basically ANY feedback would be helpful as I have to decide ASAP! Thanks :)

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
935 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bosque del Cabo vs El Remanso...?

Hi. My kids are similar aged and we decided against the lodges and are renting a house (villa vida verde) on beach in matapalo. on beach with alot to do there and alot is walkable. just an idea…and you can hire cook to do all meals and shopping. alot of the houses there have owners with children. we plan to learn to surf, horseback ride, do hikes, and the rescue place.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
935 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bosque del Cabo vs El Remanso...?

ps-this is also our second trip. for our first we did la carolina lodge (which your kids would LOVE), as would you and then we rented a fantastic all inclusive villa, villa vista de pro, and we did some great activities from there. your kids would be half price at both locations.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,029 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bosque del Cabo vs El Remanso...?

I have only heard second hand about El Remanso, but what I heard indicated that it's more of a "just the two of us" type of place--secluded and romantic, less trails/open space etc.

But, couples enjoy themselves at Bosque del Cabo (we did) and famiies seem to have a good time at El Remanso.

Note: they are very close to each other, and every once and a while someone from one lodge will go hiking and mistakenly wind up on the other lodge's property.

Honestly, I would just look at the three Matapalo places (plus maybe in combination with Iguana Lodge) and choose whichever one appeals to you the most--doesn't have to be logical, can just be gut feel or "oooh, THAT is what I want." The best way to make sure you like where you stay is to stay where you want.

4. Re: Bosque del Cabo vs El Remanso...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park