We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corcovado early november

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Corcovado early november

Hi all. I have reserved a trip to Drake Bay from November 2 through the 4th. I am male 43 yrs old and am traveling with my 78 year old mother. I am taking the boat from Sierpe and have reserved Corcovado tour one day and Cano the other.

My mother is very healthy and can do reasonable hiking. She goes remote camping with me every year.

I obviously did not do enough research prior to booking my trip. If I had I may have decided to stay away from Corcovado in November.

My question is... What should I expect on Corcovado and Cano this time of year. Should I be concerned with safety? We can handle getting wet and will be prepared for that.

Thank you

Tony

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,281 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corcovado early november

Hummm..now dasy even for us costaricans indians is hard to even try to give any kind of advice about weather….even harder during El Nino year…

COMMON SENSE…if you see or feel something you do not feel correct…do not do it…

roadadvisor

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,816 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corcovado early november

Your safety will be in the hands of your guides, so chose them wisely. both the boat operator for Cano Island as the guide for Corcovado. I assume you are talking about safety on the water and safety in the rain forest.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corcovado early november

Not sure, could be little rainy however we never know in Costa Rica.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,816 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corcovado early november

Not sure, but a little rainy might be a little understatement.

5. Re: Corcovado early november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2015, 09:49
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park