We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phone Or Mi FI

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Cell Phone Or Mi FI

I doubt if verizon will be reached in Costa Rica but, I did want to say that some of us do not have a boss or a job we own the place and yes if we are not in touch we could lose a client. Some of them are nice big paying clients that help us travel. So we do have to stay in touch... Not retired yet.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Cell Phone Or Mi FI

If you are heading to Corcovado, don't count on cell phone coverage. It can be spotty. I had no problem with it in Puerto Jimenez, but in many of the more remote places (Cabo Matapalo or Corcovado) it is just non-existent.

Is it possible to have someone take calls for you while you are gone? I understand about being a business owner, but if taking calls is vitally important to you, maybe pick a different location in Costa Rica.

One alternative is to stay in Puerto Jimenez and let people know that they can only reach you after dark. Then do day trips around the area and return to Puerto Jimenez to do your business thing.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Cell Phone Or Mi FI

I still have an graphics design and direct mail monthly publication in AZ and have my cell phone calls forwarded to my skype #. I also have a local AZ number using magic jack so if skype isn't clear, I call using magic jack.

I am pretty sure you can get a verizon plan that will work here at a pretty penny per minute... I had local clients who used A T & T and said it was reasonable, but I don't know what that means..

Some areas here are spotty on cell reception because of the mountains and hills blocking cell towers ... The reception keeps getting better and better here, but like where my other home is near Sedona AZ we have issues there as well.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,665 posts
114 reviews
3. Re: Cell Phone Or Mi FI

Thank you Hattie…great advice…you are 100% correct as always…we ned more nice expats like you that knows and love our country and very important you respect us the natives…GRACIAS

I drive to my farm in Drakes bay often…and Hattie is correct in many areas getting close to Puerto Jimenez …it is hard to impossible some times to call or to get a call…and far from PJ…only God knows where can be a good place…some times you get the calls and next day is impossible..

roadadvisor

4. Re: Cell Phone Or Mi FI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park