We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip To Sirena

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip To Sirena

I'm planning on taking a day trip to Corcovado in June. Was thinking of flying in to Sirena early in the morning around 7:30 via private charter. I'd like to hike all day and see as much wildlife as possible spending the night somewhere for an early return flight to SJO the next day.

How is the hike from Sirena to Los Patos in-terms of difficulty, duration etc.? Once in Los Patos can I 4wd back to PJ? Would like to go with a guide as well. Any recommendations?

Thanks so much for the help.

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day Trip To Sirena

Is there any possibility of hiking to Sirena from Los Patos and take a charter back to some place in the same day., by air or boat, I do not mind. Can I arrive to Los Patos with my own 4x4 and leave it there?

Thanks a lot.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,541 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day Trip To Sirena

My God…that is how we use to do it around later 70;s flying into Sirena ,,,,great memories…I used to be a guide for some USA Colleges…great years...

Do it…but hopefully more than one night…Ballardo Diaz …Jaguardmen at this forum great person to answer questions about Corcovado…he is a regular at this forum…

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Day Trip To Sirena

I guess you could do it, but . . . why????

Best hiking and animals are at Sirena. Why exert all that energy just to leave when the best part is at your feet?

Flying in and then out would be more defensible, imo.

Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,082 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Day Trip To Sirena

So, Girlie D. the hike itself from Los Patos to La Sirena is between 6-8 hours. You need to arrive to Los Patos, say from Puerto Jimenez, add another hour. Starting at 5 am you arrive at La Sirena arounf 1 pm, exhausted. You need to return before sunset, probably last flight time would be at 5 pm. That gives you 4 hours of La Sirena. That is one long and polite answer. Short one would be removed by the admin.

15. Re: Day Trip To Sirena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2015, 12:49