We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best natural park after corcovado

camparada
Level Contributor
220 posts
2 reviews
best natural park after corcovado

hi dear sorry wich is best natural park after corcovado? thank you

16 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
19,517 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: best natural park after corcovado

La Amistad ... probably as good as Corcovado. But even more difficult to explore. What makes "the best" to you?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,506 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: best natural park after corcovado

I would probably say Tortuguero, or the South Caribbean, depending on what kind of wildlife you're looking for.

camparada
Level Contributor
220 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: best natural park after corcovado

thank you but i need one place to visit in august near other good point.

i have 15 days... i need one

one park amazing

adventure canopy canyoning, horse back, atv,...

whales and dolphin

turtle

good relax sea at last

wich best itinerary ...?

corcovado difficul to arrive and very expensive.

can you help me?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,506 posts
149 reviews
4. Re: best natural park after corcovado

For August best is probably Caribbean, no place will be everything you want but that is the closest.

camparada
Level Contributor
220 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: best natural park after corcovado

if i go in uvita for whales after tortuguero and puerto viejo, but how i can visit la admiral national park?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,506 posts
149 reviews
6. Re: best natural park after corcovado

I would forget La Amistad park, it's not a good place for a first time visitor to Costa Rica to try and visit. And while there is a lot of wildlife there, it would be extremely difficult to see that wildlife. (it's much, much easier to visit La Amistad from Panama).

Edited: 06 March 2018, 21:24
camparada
Level Contributor
220 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: best natural park after corcovado

So no corcovado no la adnistad????? Where i see wild life and animals braulio carrillo?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,506 posts
149 reviews
8. Re: best natural park after corcovado

Caribbean side has lots of animals--either the north Caribbean (Tortugero) or the south (between Cahuita and Manzanillo).

Canada
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
68 reviews
9. Re: best natural park after corcovado

After the Caribbean(which I agree is great) you could stop at Tapanti National Park on the way to Uvita. There is a ton of wildlife there but it is sometimes difficult to spot because it is very dense. Plus it rains a lot because.. Well... It is a rainforest. Still, it is beautiful and well worth a visit.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,795 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: best natural park after corcovado

The cheapest way to go into Corcovado Park would be a boat trip from Drake Bay ($90) or a guided day hike from Dos Brazos de Rio Tigre or Carate ($75 or less if more people).

But you can go to the Osa without going to Corcovado and still see lots of wildlife. Go to Puerto Jimenez. You will see wildlife on walks near PJ. Go to Dos Brazos de Rio Tigre and stay at rainforest hostel Bolita. You have to walk 30 minutes through the rainforest to get there. Basic lodging but amazing setting and trails. Make day trips to Cabo Matapalo and Carate (I say day trips because I have not been able to find affordable lodging there). Lots of wildlife in that area, even on the road. If you go to Drake Bay as well I recommend the beach hiking trail.

We took a bus from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez (7.5 hours). For Drake Bay you would take a bus to Palmar Norte, bus to Sierpe and boat to Drake Bay.

And yes, the Caribbean coast is great for wildlife as well. We saw a lot of wildlife in the Cahuita National Park. You can also go to the Gandoca-Manzanillo wildlife refuge (more expensive as you should probably go with a guide there if you want to go far). We even saw wildlife on the road (between Manzanillo and Punta Uva).

Reply to: best natural park after corcovado
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park