We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tour company for Patos -> Sirena -> Carate

Madison, Wisconsin
2 posts
2 reviews
Best tour company for Patos -> Sirena -> Carate

Help, my brain is about to explode! I see a lot of references for individual guides on this forum, but I assume they work for a particular outfit and I doubt you get to choose the individual guide. Can anyone offer input on the experience they have had (either good or bad) with the companies out there?

We (3 women) are visiting in late May. We are comparing Surcos, Osa Aventure, Osa Wild, Ficus & Corvocado Guide. I'm sure there are even more! How do we possibly choose? Other than whether or not the cost of meals/transportation is included, what sets them apart from one another?

Thanks everyone!

1 reply
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,574 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Best tour company for Patos -> Sirena -> Carate

I can only tell you that Surcos and Osa Wild have a great reputation. Ficus Tours is highly recommended by the hostel we stayed at. Of those three I would go with whoever gives you the best deal as they are all good. You can ask who your guide will be, how much experience he has, if he has good flora/fauna knowledge, how his English is (if that is important). The guide we had (our hostel arranged everything for us) works for Osa Aventura. Some guides work independently as well. Our guide has his own company as well (Corcovado trails tour designer) but he broke his ankle in January so I don't think he will be available yet.

Reply to: Best tour company for Patos -> Sirena -> Carate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park