We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hikes similar to Corcovado in other countries?

Level Contributor
19 posts
Hikes similar to Corcovado in other countries?

Hi all,

I hiked Corcovado a few years ago and spent two nights at the ranger station. It was an amazing experience. I'd like to do something similar in another country. I'm leaning towards Manu National Park in Peru, but was wondering if any one had done similar adventures in other countries?

2 replies to this topic
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Hikes similar to Corcovado in other countries?

I can't really help... In Peru Manu seemed like the best option to us as well but I was told that we should go for 7-8 days if we wanted to have a good experience (see wildlife) and we couldn't afford that. Most exploring seems to be done by boat? Corcovado was a splurge for us and when we did it in 2015 we only paid $500 for two (now it is more like $800 or more). I assume you have been to the Caribbean coast in Costa Rica. We loved the Cahuita National Park and liked Gandoca Manzanillo as well but those were day trips.

In Nicaragua we really liked Los Guatuzos. Most exploring done by boat/kayak but some hiking as well.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,373 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Hikes similar to Corcovado in other countries?

In Central America, the only two that get compared to the Osa are considered borderline unsafe to just plain dangerous--La Moskitia/Rio Platano in Honduras and the Darien Gap in Panama.

Reply to: Hikes similar to Corcovado in other countries?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park