We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirena Ranger Station Day Trips

3 posts
2 reviews
Sirena Ranger Station Day Trips

I am staying in Drake Bay for several days and am looking into several companies that offer day trips into Corcovado NP (Sirena Ranger Station specifically). Does anyone have any experience with the tours run by Pacheco Tours or Surcos Tours? I am hoping someone can speak to the quality of service offered and perhaps why Surcos Tours is over twice the price per person.

Thanks for all your help!

Edited: 28 March 2017, 20:43
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Sirena Ranger Station Day Trips

I recently booked a 2 day trip to Sirena from Drake Bay with Surcos Tours for mid-April. After doing a bunch of research, it seemed like this tour company was the most recommended/praised. It has great reviews on TA and Google I can't speak to the actual tour yet, but the booking experience was very good. They provided a lot of information, answered all my questions and were very responsive.

Pacheco tours has a lot of great reviews as well. Though from what I've gathered, they focus more on group tours (up to 8, sometimes 10 people per tour) for their 1-day Sirena tour. This may not be the best option if you're seeking more of a private tour.

United States
Level Contributor
111 posts
129 reviews
2. Re: Sirena Ranger Station Day Trips

I did a day trip to Sirena Ranger Station for $90, don't remember tour name. I thought the trip was way over-rated, saw minimal wildlife, most of them resting in the shade so couldn't see them well or get good pics. Most animals we saw thru a telescope. Might have seen more animals if group didn't chatter so much, and weren't so close to other groups also talking, heard other groups weren't allowed to talk. We had one restroom break early in the day, I had to request another break and was told to go behind a tree. You need to take snacks and extra fluids as tour doesn't provide much. If you're planning on staying overnite, I hope you know the cots are placed very close together so you probably will need earplugs to get any sleep. I thought Drake Bay was much prettier than the park as well. I saw a lot more wildlife in Cahuita National Park for free.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
19,151 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Sirena Ranger Station Day Trips

I think that Surcos is doing private tours, and Pacheco group tours. If in a large group, the experience will always be more like what GourmetHiker has reported.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,393 posts
149 reviews
4. Re: Sirena Ranger Station Day Trips

best option is to spend 1-2 nights inside the park, staying in the bunk rooms

brighton
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Sirena Ranger Station Day Trips

Hi Vanessa , I would go with Bolo. He is a local guide and runs his own tours so all your money goes direct to a local guide instead of the tour company. I went on a hike with him in corcovado and it was the highlight of our Costa Rica trip. He lives and breathes the jungles and adores the wildlife which he can spot really easily having grown up in that area .i help him manage his page while he is in the jungle, www.facebook.com/osabolo. What dates are you looking at for your day trip? If you could message me on the Facebook page that would be awesome :)

Edited: 11 April 2017, 08:45
6. Re: Sirena Ranger Station Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park