We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Jimenez, Zancudo and ??? Any ideas?

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Puerto Jimenez, Zancudo and ??? Any ideas?

Hi,

We are going to Costa Rica for 3 weeks in July. We want to fly to Osa for most of the trip (yes I know most people like to go all around costa rica, we dont). We want to spend about 4 nights in Puerto Jimenez and one week relaxing in Zancudo. That would leave us with about a week for another destination. Any suggestions? (in Osa or anywhere else)

We would be flying to Osa and don't have enough money to fly anywhere else.

We are travelling with kids 4-6-8 years old.

One idea was to take the bus one way to Golfito, stopping along the way. Anything interesting to see on the way there? Would it be ok in July with the rain and the roads?

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
30 reviews
11. Re: Puerto Jimenez, Zancudo and ??? Any ideas?

if you need any help in zancudo, let me know!

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
12. Re: Puerto Jimenez, Zancudo and ??? Any ideas?

Hi Sonnysullivan,

Thanks for the offer, would you mind answering a few questions?

- In travel books they say that sometimes the road to Osa is flooded in rain season, does it happen if you try to get to Golfito by car in july (between san jose and Golfito I mean).

- Do you think the grocery stores and restaurants will be open in Zancudo in July?

- Any hotel you recommend?

- Is air conditioning really necessary in July to your opinion or a good fan can do the job?

Thanks a lot!!

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
30 reviews
13. Re: Puerto Jimenez, Zancudo and ??? Any ideas?

normally the road is fine between san jose and golfito. how are you travelling?

all the stores will be open but maybe one or two restaurants will be closed. i live on the second floor and we get a good breeze so no ac necessary where we are. the vast majority of people i speak to seem to do just fine with a fan. let me know what kind of amenities you like and i can then make a recommendation.

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
14. Re: Puerto Jimenez, Zancudo and ??? Any ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for the info about restaurants and roads!

We are still hesitant between coming in bus and stopping for a night or 2 along the way (but not sure where or what to see, if we were in car there seems to be lots of nice places near san Gerardo but by bus I didn't read about much interesting).

In Zancudo we are planning to stay at one of las cocos house (but I didn't book yet). My criterias: beds for 5ppl, where the waves are not too big, near water, with some indoor space (living room? kitchen?) for rainy days. That's about it. The house we found seems ok, I was just curious if you had any places you liked.

Once again, thanks :)

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
972 posts
9 reviews
15. Re: Puerto Jimenez, Zancudo and ??? Any ideas?

hi. we rented a house in the osa for a week with our kids 2 years ago. first, the ocean is very rough so you kids will not be able to swim in it. it is very hot and humid too-the house we rented had a pool. it is very remote-45 minutes from pj. the grocery store in pj is not cheap and runs out of things...

we did not have a car but did go into pj once via taxi for extra groceries.

you need to be an excellent planner. check casas bamboo on vrbo.

16. Re: Puerto Jimenez, Zancudo and ??? Any ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2018, 09:47