We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April or June?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
399 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
April or June?

We are planning a trip to CR (Arenal & MA) for next year. We have a little bit of flexibility in our time we can travel. We can go really anytime from April (after Easter) through the summer. I'm thinking I'd rather avoid July (high season) unless there is really something special about that time. So, I was thinking either April or June. I'm concerned that April/May might be a little brown and dusty being the tail end of the dry season.

Since we are not taking the kids on this go round, it is mostly an R&R vacation. We won't be doing tons of activities but rather picking a nice hotel and just relaxing.

Suggestions for what might be the best time April through September?? Thank you!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,847 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April or June?

April is nice because is dry...it is the dryest month of the year...but lovely if you like hot weather...

September nice at the Caribbean side of our country!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April or June?

Come in May or June......you are right.....April is the end of our summer and things do get a little dusty and dry......May/June....the afternoon showers are starting.....it's cooler, cleaner, greener.....less tourists.......lower prices.....one of my favorite times!

Tulemar Dave

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
399 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April or June?

At first I was excited about being able to visit during the dry time (April) but after reading about how the end of the dry season can be brown and dusty ... I started thinking that a little rain isn't a bad trade off for a little more lush and green!

Thank you for the encouragement!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,017 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April or June?

Agree with TulemarDave, May or June are both good months to come down. Bit of rain does the country good after so much dry weather... Even as write this I am staring out my window at my thoroughly brown and unhappy lawn... It only gets worse. But then comes May and BAM, everything bounces back to green. Have a blast

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: April or June?

More chances of better weather in April as it is the end of the summer season here. It will be greener and more rain in June, but better rates.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: April or June?

May and June are much better than April if you have the option. We enter our low season then, so prices go down, crowds go down and the weather is still great. You may get more rain (good thing), but it is mostly in the evenings and during the nights, so it will not effect your trip much. If you need to come in July, its the same and still not that crowded. Enjoy!

7. Re: April or June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:12