We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to Manuel Antonio

Los Angeles
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travel to Manuel Antonio

We are visiting Costa Rica and fly into San Jose on July 22 at noon. We have reservations at Hotel Plinio near Manuel Antonio for two nights. Is there bus or van service from the airport - or do we need to rent a car? Thanks for any help.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to Manuel Antonio

There are shared shuttles like Interbus or Grayline that will pick you up. However it is not right at the airport but at some hotels quite close but across a busy highway so not really conducive fr walking. There is actually a free shuttle from the airport to take you to the Hampton or Garden Court hotles where you can get the shuttle to MA. (For the Interbus schedule use Rio Segundo as the origin for the airport area.

http//www.interbusonline.com/

graylinecostarica.com/graylinetouristbus.html

Interbus schedule is is a departure for MA at 3.00 PM

You can also consider flying on one of the commuter airlies Sansa or naturair. its about a 15 minte flight. Natureair does leave from a different airport about 25 minute away by cab.

www.flysansa.com

www.natureair.com

You can hire a private driver to be waiting for you when your flight arrives.

The public buses do not stop at the airport, so if you think of taking one you would have to get to the Coca Cola Bus station area in San Jose.

Or as you say another option is renting a car. Since you arrive at noon, if all goes smoothly you should get there before dark.

raquel

Los Angeles
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to Manuel Antonio

Raquel,

Thank you very much - this is very helpful information.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to Manuel Antonio

Raquel has basically provided all best alternatives. Maybe the shuttle services provided by Interbus or Grayline, work best for you. They are a little more expensive, but comfortable, neat, AC and will drop you off at your Hotel.

The Coca Cola Bus Station is a good option if you are out of budget. Buses leave 4 times a day, at 6.00am, 12pm, 4pm, and 6 pm.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
616 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to Manuel Antonio

I always have a private van pick me up when I land so no hassle and confusion. There is not always taxis or anything out there.

For an airport transfer that is private and reasonable booking activities I recommend e-mailing and working with Arellys Rios she owns a acompany/internet cafe Espadilla Tours Tel +506 777-5334 or e-mail arellysmonge@yahoo.com

She does not charge the large surcharge the hotels charge and puts you nito the best tours. For zipline book Dream Forest, I think they have the better one in MA.

Here is a link You Tube on her and her services

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDgod43IMRA

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to Manuel Antonio

We had a man named George who picked us up at the San Jose (Alajuela) airport and drove us to Quepos. He was WONDERFUL. He doesn't speak much English, but he was very attentive to our needs. Stopped or offered to stop at every scenic overlook between the airport and Quepos so we could take pictures, go to the bathroom, etc. We especially enjoyed walking across the bridge at Rio Tarcoles to see the big crocs. I don't have direct contact info for him, but you can book him through Las Cascadas, where we stayed. lascascadas840@hotmail.com He was also slightly less expensive than some of the other private driver services I priced - well worth the $$$$.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
80 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel to Manuel Antonio

I always use interbus, with minimal hassle. its cheaper to get ur own taxi from the airport to the pickup point rather than gert their specific transfer. It only costs $2 then.

7. Re: travel to Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 06:50
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio