We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's at MA airport?

Montreal
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi's at MA airport?

We will be arriving on Nature Air to Manuel Antonio around 11AM. Does anyone know if there will be some taxi's there to take us to our hotel, or do I have to book a transfer ahead of time?

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi's at MA airport?

You can have a taxi take you for $15 to any hotel in M.A or used the airport shuttle for $5p/p and ride the rest of passanger to the hotels. If you have a familly a taxi is better other way for two people the shuttle is more reasonable. NATUREGUIDE

Montreal
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi's at MA airport?

Is the shuttle always waiting for each plane that arrives? How long to get to Buena Vista Villas from the airport?

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi's at MA airport?

The shuttle is always in the airport. The ride to B.V.V is about 20 minutes. NATUREGUIDE

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi's at MA airport?

Both Sansa and Nature Air provide shuttle service coordinated with their arriving flights. The transfer costs about $5 per person each way. Public taxis meet incoming flights and they charge between $15 and $20 per car for up to four people.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi's at MA airport?

I thought I was being smart by booking a transfer ahead of time thru the hotel. Our plane was about 2 hours late and the taxi waited for us, but charged us much more than $20 because he had to wait. Next time, I'll get a taxi at the airport.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi's at MA airport?

Grammiemame, I wonder which Hotel you stayed at.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi's at MA airport?

If you are flying out of Quepos via Nature Air, I advise you to review your travel itinerary. I was booked for a flight to leave Quepos for San Jose at about 3:30PM. The flight took off on time, but San Jose was fogged in. The pilot came down out of the cloud bank and overshot the runway, so we had to go back up. The airport at San Jose denied permission to attempt a second time, so we had to return to Quepos. Once we landed, we were told that unless the fog cleared by 5PM, the flight would be cancelled. They didn't have enough fuel for another failed attempt, and there is no ability to refuel at Quepos. Since they fly by "sight" rather than by "instrument", there are no flights after sunset. Nature Air would only offer a "make-up" flight at 6:45AM the next day. They didn't offer refunds, no stipend for a hotel or even cab fare back to town. They certainly wouldn't give us anything toward ground transportation to San Jose. As a matter of fact, the rep at the desk got in his car and left with several of us still trying to find a way to get to San Jose. We ended up carpooling in a taxi for $150 (split among 5 people). We finally got to San Jose after 9PM. We were lucky... our flight to the US was the folowing day. There were others on our Nature Air flight who had connecting flights that day... they were "SOL".

Of course, I understand that "things" happen, and that safety comes first, but be aware of the odds of those "things" happening, especially in the rainy season. I expect the odds of this happening are somewhat less earlier in the day, or in the dry season.

8. Re: Taxi's at MA airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 03:47